I haven't a clue

Krystof01

Hi,
I bought a Behringer FCB1010 midi controller to use as a foot controller for my TC G-major; I bought it new but it hasn't been upgraded and since I bought it mail order I need to do it myself.

I have no idea about the instructions below:
"It will be possible to upgrade existing FCB1010 units by means of either (a) installing a new EPROM or (b) re-programming the original EPROM (you will need access to a "prommer" - we will provide the binary files). "

Can anyone help, what's a prommer/EPROM etc, any help much appreciated,

Thanks,
Krystof.

EPROM is a little computer chip that has the program/info to run your hardwear. Some of them are reprogramable but you would need a eprom burner (prommer) and the software (witch you could get of the net). I had a eprom burner , donno were i got it though.

what the instructions basicaly say is that you can either buy a new chip (that has the newest version on it already - try ebay pr the manufac.) or you could get the newist ver. form them in binary (0's and 1's) and you put it on the EPROM (chip) you already have.

I think your best bet would be to find the new chip and let a friend that is knoledgeble in that field put it in for you unless you are up for the challenge (it is kinda easy). just pull out the old one and put in the new one.

Back