I have songs for sale!! - Check out my storefront.

BJW

I just installed a storefront script (Zen Cart, for the nerds out there) to my website, and I've got the mp3's from my new CD for sale.

Check out the store here .

Let me know what you think.

Here are my impressions: The colors don't mix very well. I tried to keep it similar to my website's colors (http://www.brianwahlband.com), and I'm still working on it.

It seems hard to actually find what's for sale. The categories are in a menue on the left. I need to add them right in the middle of the page on the main page or something.

Anyway, I just put this up tonight! If you buy an mp3 or two, I'll be one happy guy (and about $.50 richer).

The actual CD is being pressed, so when it gets back it will go for sale here and at CD Baby (and then all the digital download companies).

I'm doing the payment through paypal, but people don't have to have a paypal account to pay me with a credit card.

What are some suggestions on the store?

BJW said:
I just installed a storefront script (Zen Cart, for the nerds out there) to my website, and I've got the mp3's from my new CD for sale.

Check out the store here .

Let me know what you think.

Here are my impressions: The colors don't mix very well. I tried to keep it similar to my website's colors (http://www.brianwahlband.com), and I'm still working on it.

It seems hard to actually find what's for sale. The categories are in a menue on the left. I need to add them right in the middle of the page on the main page or something.

Anyway, I just put this up tonight! If you buy an mp3 or two, I'll be one happy guy (and about $.50 richer).

The actual CD is being pressed, so when it gets back it will go for sale here and at CD Baby (and then all the digital download companies).

I'm doing the payment through paypal, but people don't have to have a paypal account to pay me with a credit card.

What are some suggestions on the store?

I think the colors mix well enough. I dont think I'd notice much of a difference if I was casually viewing your site. I think that the CD logo for every song is a little tedious. I would use different pics for each song or axe the pics altogether. Otherwise it looks great.

azraelswings said:
I think the colors mix well enough. I dont think I'd notice much of a difference if I was casually viewing your site. I think that the CD logo for every song is a little tedious. I would use different pics for each song or axe the pics altogether. Otherwise it looks great.

Thanks for looking. Since posting this thread (and before you replied) I changed the color scheme a lot. There was a baby blue background that didn't go with the orange, and the links were colors ranging from red to forest green. I went in a messed with the css sheet and got it to look more or less like my main site (suprisingly).

I agree 100% with the photos for the songs. I want to just ditch those photos, but I can't seem to get it to take them off. I'll keep trying. Zen cart is kind of like Mambo - a PHP driven content management system, and I'm still learning my way through it.

Thanks again for looking!

Back