I have an idea..

clifchamb

Some one send me a drum track, drum machine or real it doesn;t matter. Just put together any kind of drum part with a 4 click count in. It can be just the same pattern over and over I don't care.

I will convert it to a wave file and xfer it to my mr-8 ,then lay a bass part over it then mix it down again to an MP3 to be sent to someone else Guitar keys, vox etc). There really won't be any mastering since each person is responsible for mixing the song with what they added befroe they send it to the next person.

Providing that everyone does this correctly we can end up with a pretty silly end result but I think it would be so cool.

I know we can do this.

clif

OK... if you don't mind sending it to me next, I wouldn't mind taking part in this one.

bd

PS..maybe by then we'll have something figured out with respect to who is gonna do the lyrics... if there are even going to be lyrics. How do you plan to structure the tune?

bdbdbuck said:
OK... lyrics... if there are even going to be lyrics. How do you plan to structure the tune?

That is is the beauty of this. There may or may not be lyrics on this. Maybe there will be two different versions, it probabaly depends on who wants to contribute. The ideal thing wold be for folks to post a link to the updated song with their part and maybe we can al decide on what happens next.

clif

Here's a more elaborate scheme. Assuming that everyone has some sort of PC mixing software (I have Ntrack), we can even email back and forth BOTH a mix and also the single instrument (or vocal) track. That way each person not only has a reference what the latest player is trying to add, he can also take the single instrument track and create his own version of the mix.

Another advantage is that the sound quality of your own tracks will never degrade from encoding/decoding because you can mix with your originally recorded pristine tracks.

How does that sound.

DC

digitcallous said:
Here's a more elaborate scheme. Assuming that everyone has some sort of PC mixing software (I have Ntrack), we can even email back and forth BOTH a mix and also the single instrument (or vocal) track. That way each person not only has a reference what the latest player is trying to add, he can also take the single instrument track and create his own version of the mix.

Another advantage is that the sound quality of your own tracks will never degrade from encoding/decoding because you can mix with your originally recorded pristine tracks.

How does that sound.

DC

I really want this to be as simple and easy as possible for everyone.

The problem with sending 2 tracks to people is that there could be sync problems (trust me). I am also afraid that this may become too much of a hassle that no one will want to do this.

I still think your idea is good, especially for ensuring a decent mix. However, I really just want this to be a chance for everyone to play around with the wave manager and contribute to a true internet collaborative project.

I think on the next one we should consider your idea. :)

looking forward to your contribution digit

clif

PS. No one has stepped up to send me a drum track yet:(

Hey, if the music works in my head, I'll give a rip at lyrics/vox...Just the ticket to get me comfortable with my new MR-8!

Hey clif,

I did see that no one has sent you a drum track yet. I make my own drum tracks using a software program, but I'm no drummer, so my drum tracks are very crude sounding. That's why I have not volunteered to do one.

By the way, how do I send any attachments to you (when I finally have something)? I don't see a way of doing it using PM.

DC

digitcallous said:
Hey clif,

I did see that no one has sent you a drum track yet. I make my own drum tracks using a software program, but I'm no drummer, so my drum tracks are very crude sounding. That's why I have not volunteered to do one.

By the way, how do I send any attachments to you (when I finally have something)? I don't see a way of doing it using PM.

DC

covert your drum track to an mp3 and send it as an attachment to c.bassman@verizon.net

clif

Back