I have an awesome loop but I can't get the notes! Can someone help me?

ProfessorA

Hello fellow producers,

First let me introduce myself, I'm Professor A, I have always loved EDM and house music, and I recently started producing.

I've been working on FL for about 3 months now and I'm getting better at it. I have this amazing loop, I wanna edit this piano loop, edit the soundfont and maybe a change a few of the notes on it, however, I have no idea what notes and chords are. Is there a software that can detect the notes and chords? Is there any way I can get its notes? Please help me out.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you guys!!!

Reaper can, using its Reatune plugin, identify the pitch of the notes and send that as midi information to another track. You can then edit it at will. It would struggle with the chords, they not being single notes. Howefer, there is a good chance you can work out the chords once you have the notes.

Reaper is a DAW, not a VST

If you have downloaded Reaper,

you need to do the following steps:

1 Open Reaper
2 Click on "Insert/media file" and navigate to and select your loop. This will load your loop as a new track.
3 On the Track Control Panel, click on "FX", click on "All Plugins/Cockos", then select VST: Reatune.
4 Click on the box that says "send midi events when pitch changes"
5 Close the plug-in dialog box, then create a new track (Ctrl T).
6 On this track's TCP, right click over the record arm button and select "Record ouput/ record output (MIDI).
7 Left click on the record button to arm the track, then hit the record button on the transport button.

That should do it.

However, if that all seems too messy, send the loop to me and I'll deconstruct it.

Back