I hate ups

Gary C.

Scored a RAMSA WRS4424 for cheap.
Unfortunately,the seller shipped it via UPS.
Yep,it's been dropped-broke the front left corner plastic.
Any chance of getting a replacement?

This really disgusts me-this thing is so clean.

Welcome to the UPS haters club of America. I have been a member ever since they trashed a perfectly good Fostex e 16 of mine and in my opinion cheated me out of $700.00.

I hope this stays here just on this board and doent get out into the world I wouldnt want someone to get the wrong idea that I am bitter about ups.

Yea i know what you mean Dan. I sold a 32-2 tascam this week on Craigs list and it was local. I decided no more shipping for me on something that big.
It was nice to meet the guy and show him that the recorder worked great with no problems. I now have a 34 and a mixer on there now. If it sells local fine if it doesnt fine I will just keep it.
I am never going to get a whole bunch of gear again. I am keeping a small setup of just 2 4 tracks and one 8 track.

I use USPS Priority Mail most of the time as well as the USPS flat rate boxes and so far so good.

Yeah, but good luck fitting an analog tape recorder in a Flat Rate box...

I'm thankful my 48 went to such a great buyer (lo.fi.love). That took a lot of worry out of the transaction because I wasn't worried about dishonesty or anything with the transaction. Packing it for safe travel WAS an ordeal. It was worth it because I wanted to do what I could to have it delivered safely, but boy did I worry until Jeff gave me the all clear.

I sold my M-520 locally and that really was a great experience. The hand-off. Spent an hour or two talking with the buyer about all things audio and music.

That's how I want to do it. It may take longer, but it is worth it. Every time I've gotten itchy and impatient cjacek has always said to just sit and wait; that the right buyer will come along and they eventually do.

Well-I'm thinking this is going to have a happy ending.
Called Panasonic-Mein Gott!!-that was like having a root canal!!
They finally got someone to do some research,and call me back.
They gave me 2 part numbers for Ornaments-they couldn't tell exactly what they were.
Also got 5 part numbers for Panels.

Then,I went online,and found a place where I could download a PDF of the Service Manual.Had to pay,of course,but I got the sucker.
Using this,I was able to find parts diagrams and drawings,and determined that one of those Ornament numbers was indeed the plastic piece I need.

Then,I found THIS site:
http://www.partstore.com/Default.aspx
They actually carry a BUNCH of parts for RAMSA mixers-and tons of other things.
Got that part on order,and am quite happy about it.

I have already filed a claim with UPS-they want me to box it up and let them pick it up,inspect it,and send it back to the seller.
Nobody even cares that I just want it fixed.
I'd imagine this is a cynical corporate decision,designed to discourage folks from bothering UPS any more than they have to.
Several years ago,they damaged an amp I had shipped to me,and an adjuster actually came out to the house.Evidently,they can't be bothered with that any more.

So anyway,this service manual has all the info needed about maintenance,testing,and adjustment-and since I have that cosmetic piece available,I'm going to keep this thing.Even if I find that it has any issues (they say it works perfectly) I'm just gonna keep it and tune it up to perfection.I'm happy to see that a vast number of parts are still available-though not from Panasonic directly.

I only paid 305 bucks for this thing,plus 26 shipping,so even with the hassle involved,I still think I did pretty well.

UPS should crash and die in agony!

I actually will refuse to buy something if they'll only ship it UPS.

I hate and loath them like Glenn Beck hates and loathes facts.

UPS is the worst but switching carriers will not automatically prevent or minimize risk of damage. Proper packing will.

I have to agree about UPS.
If there was 1 company on the face of this Earth that I could force out of business,it would be them.
I have a friend that used to work for them-and he will NOT use their services.

Back