I Had a GREAT Week-end

is that 2 VTB-1 preamp in there I seen?

What do you think of them, I am thinking about getting one to pair up with a SM57 and RNC to my 1680 digital recorder.

videodrone said:
is that 2 VTB-1 preamp in there I seen?

What do you think of them, I am thinking about getting one to pair up with a SM57 and RNC to my 1680 digital recorder.

It depends on what your goals are. Even the Great River may not be the best choice for your goals.

So here's MY personal experience...

For $129, it is an excellent value.
In S/S mode, it gets some use. For me, the Tube Blend is nice to have, but I wouldn't miss it, if it were not there. I like the fact that you can totally take it out of the signal path. Smart move from Studio Projects!

Features are excellent. Got's tons of features, making this pre-amp a real steal at the prices it's selling for these days.

Although it gets some use, it usually not the first thing I go for. But I don't have a whole lot of options either, unless I start borrowing stuff.

My biggest complaint is that I payed $180 back in August. Even then, it was a good value. Now they've come down in price ($129). Good for a buyer. Bad for a seller. That's economics for ya!

As a whole, I think you'll get a lot of use, if you don't have many other tools at your disposal.

But that is something that's best decided by you.

Bowisc

Bowisc said:
It's going to look nicer once you ship me that back-ordered DAC-1.

D'oh!! (_8(1)

Word from Benchmark is that they should be shipping us some on Monday... which would put them in our joint by the middle of next week... and potentially in your joint by the end of next week...

Stay tuned for further bulletins.............

Fletcher said:
D'oh!! (_8(1)

Word from Benchmark is that they should be shipping us some on Monday... which would put them in our joint by the middle of next week... and potentially in your joint by the end of next week...

Stay tuned for further bulletins.............

Ya, baby!

Bowisc

I had a great weekend too.

But it had more to do with a mindblowing woman than with my MP-1NV (which I've also had great weekends with).

If only the Great River had leggZ up to HERE. <sigh>

-Jett

Back