I got my Teac 3340 today

Thanks.

3. I used 75% isopropyl
you absolutely should use 91% which you can get at WalMart or any drugstore.
The reason being is that it has less water in it and you basically want to minimize the amount of rust causing water you put on those metal surfaces.

Ok that sounds good. I will go get some. Is it ok for me to wipe down the heads with 91% isopropyl? I used 75% with a q-tip and I used it on all the heads.. Hope I didnt mess em up..

Stop what your doing! I bout crapped when I saw your video.
First thing I noticed was the wine your hearing is your belt burning up.
The tape is so bad it is stopping your motors. I have seen this before.

Also what I think i saw was when you hit play in that video I dont see your pinch roller ingaged and the tape lifter ;probably didnt go up at all to let the tape make contact on the heads like they should.

To check this out leave the tape off of the machine and lift the right tape guide. Then hit play and see if your pinch roller goes up to the capstan shaft.
That will tell alot right there. Its common for these old machines to get gunked up at that area and they need a good cleaning inside and lubed to work correctly.
Try that and let us know what happens

The pinch roller wasnt engaged! Now it is... Ooops..

Ok that sounds good. I will go get some. Is it ok for me to wipe down the heads with 91% isopropyl? I used 75% with a q-tip and I used it on all the heads.. Hope I didnt mess em up..
No, you didn't hurt anything ........ you just don't want to use that stuff regularly.

that mic jack on your laptop is mono, and poor quality. If you want to record stereo mixdowns you'll need to get an audio interface.

The pinch roller wasnt engaged! Now it is... Ooops..

sticky pinch roller is pretty common problem for these machines. It can be fixed if you wish to...
If pinch roller does not engage when play/record - stop the machine immediately! :eek: Don't run it that way.

Mine is sticky from time to time, but I don't bother fixing it. I simply move edit lever up when play/record. If you don't want to hear winding, then move the lever down when rewinding/fastforward tape.
Try it.
See attached picture.

Attachments

• edit lever_teac.jpg
    edit lever_teac.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
Back