I give up.

To hell with it, you guys will have to pester the big man yourselves. I'm very sorry about getting you excited, I really thought it was coming. :(

Slackmaster 2000

Hey Slackmaster, why be down about it?
Hell - we're using this one anyway!:D:D
Does it really matter that it isn't called "The Vocal Forum"? Not to me.

There were virtually no posts in here before, so it isn't like we usurped a forum that was getting heavy use!
He's probably just super busy.

Now watch, we will all get a "cease and desist" order from him, and he'll ban us all. :D:D:D:D

Tim

Because it sucks that other members don't know what's going on in this forum...especially new guys. That's a shame.

I've always been one to defend Dragon, because this is his place and without him we wouldn't be here. However, he said he'd create a vocalist forum and frankly, he's not too busy to do it....nobody is *that* busy. So, the real issues ly elsewhere and I'm tired of trying to figure out what the problem is.

It's aggrevating and humiliating to always be emailing your friend and never get a response back. Especially when it's about his service that you volunteer hundreds of hours per year at (not exaggerating), raising money and trying to solve problems. I know he gets my messages. I know he sees them there. I know he doesn't ignore them to intentionally disrespect me, but nonetheless I feel disrespected. I'm done trying to get his ear like a little child trying to get his father's attention. Been there, done that.

Slackmaster 2000

Make sense, Slack... :)

It's his BBS anyway... and we are all here to keep this BBS alive. We never get paid a dime for our service here. We did it because we love it :) It's been so much fun for me to be the part of the community. It's been my "Virtual family" for years. Thousands miles away from the man himself. And I agree with you, I believe it's not "bussy" issue. May be he just get bored or something. But once in six month ? Can't he just drop by a minute or so to help us maintain his BBS ? I even ask him myself to be volunteer on some part of maintenance. I've been moderating 4 different BBS and never had any problem to contact admins such like this before. You guys know I spent ~12 friggin' hours a day 7 days a week for years on this BBS ? I feel I must take responsible for some good part of this community. I didn't ask anything as reward. Just having this BBS alive & updated is all I ever dreamed. And I'm very proud become one of the member :)

I can tell your feeling, Slack :) And realize it or not, you had became our trusty beloved "father" of the BBS for long. You're the last frontier between us and the man himself. I'll do what I can to back you up. Just please don't give up. And if Dragon read this post, I just want to tell him how much I respect him & thankfully for providing us this wonderfull BBS. I kindly just hope if he would consider our aspiration. And if he feel into pick someone else to maintenance the BBS (beside himself) for him. We already know who's to trust here, rigth ?

{deep breath}

May all the best wishes for all you guys. Keep the faith, and we'll be there...

;)
Jaymz

Slack, I got Dave's ph #'s somewhere in my house.....

As soon as I find them, I'm gonna burn up his line............

And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Dragon.
Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Dragon four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Dragon, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Dragon's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
And Elijah said unto the prophets of Dragon, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Dragon from morning even until noon, saying, O Dragon, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Dragon; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

The word of the Lord.

Dafduc, you're a crazy mo'fo, but WTF? If Dragon's too umconcerned to create a vocal forum, then he's also too busy to notice that the Event forum's been hijacked by chirps. Works for me. Well, if that's what's happening, get the word out, so people like me will know to buzz into this forum occasionally. So let's talk about Layla- Do you like the studio version, or "unplugged"?-Richie

And (not to hijack a thread in the hijacked forum, but...) I think we've alll noticed you, Slack, bending over backwards to keep things flowing smoothly around here- a catching some of the flack when it doesn't even though its not your fault at all.

Thanks for keepin' on keepin' on, Boden. You know that the 99% of us that aren't getting involved in silliness are 100% satisfied with this place, quirks and al.

Take care,
Chris

Back