I feel so... dirty...

sludgehammer

I just got a bunch of crap put on Mp3.com. Classify under Hutterite Rawk. It's all home studio recordings (2 adats) done by the band. I hope this isn't just shameless self promotion. Anyone out there had any Mp3 success?

I can't find it. How about a URl?

If I type in Hutterite Rawk in the search box, I get zero hits...

post url please as a courtesy...more folks will listen if they don't have to go through hoops to find yer stuff...just like Emeric, it was a no go for me in the search box....gibs

I downloaded "MF/Garage", Hold This Wear the Harness", and "Woah Nellie"...and I loved all three...."MF In Your Garage" has a New York Dolls feel to it...you won't know about them, you're way too young...but this song of yours is classier....wish the vocal could come up a bit on it though.....yer drummer kicks ass.....outstanding bass licks/sounds in "Harness"...again, the vocal could come up in my opinion...feedback in the intro of "Nellie" freaked me nicely...again with the vocals needing some more volume in the mix but that drummer is something else.....you've got yer songs all categorized on yer site, but you have a very recognizable sound of yer own in each one I downloaded...screw the categories, this is some good shit and the mixes worked 'cept for my own personal taste in wanting to hear the vocal come up..cool lyrics from what I could make out too...bastards......gibs

Massive Ferguson. That the best band name I've heard in years! Wish I had thought about it!

Yup, the vocals are too low. Otherwise fine.

Listened to "Nellie" and "Hold This". I like what ya got goin' on. Another vote for "vocs up". The tempo change and 5/4 thing in "Hold This" felt a bit indulgent to me, but I loved the song otherwise.

Thanks for the input guys! I was kinda expecting a body slam review from all you studio wizards... All that stuff is already out on disk so there'll be no remixes (till the box set in 20 yrs :)). I'll refrain from passing on the drummer compliments. You know how drummers are, I can hardly fit his head into the studio as is! Actually, the drummer does a lot of his own stuff too... drummers and their frickin' solo projects... always trying to prove something... anyways, it's pretty fancy, maybe he'll post some stuff later on. More mainstream and super, over the top indulgent. Thanks again, I've got another band, sorta a low fi country thing too, called Thee Maypolers on mp3.com. There's also a third band on the way, we just finished some recordings today. I'll let you know when that gets up there... if you're interested, that is. See ya.
P.S. - I know who the N.Y. Dolls are :)

Back