I don't understand the reputation points?

Can someone please explain the reputation points? Are they that important? Can I trade my points in for $$$$? :laughings:

they're kinda pointless as the max out and they dont really mean anything...in the clinic it was a way of saying thanks for listening to someones track...or for giving out a bit of good advice elsewhere but now theyre a bit of a standing joke..

though generally folks who've been members for a while but have red rep generally warrant extra listening to as they know whats the dealio :D

They can be a bit misleading...

The intention is that if someone gives you advice that turns out to be correct, or you appreciate their efforts in helping you, you "give them rep" - this increases their rep status in the counter.

Some percentage of your total rep is awarded to the person whom you're giving rep to (without removing it from your total...)

Realistically, anyone who's been here for a while gets significant rep... doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about when they're answering your question... you have to work this out for yourself.

And rep is awarded for all sorts of reasons... not just technical advice, so beware.

It maxes out at about 21 million or so... after that there's nowhere to go.

the best thing to do is randomly neg rep people in the cave...its much to their bewilderment and they seem to read quite deeply into it...which makes it even more amusing..

I love 50 year old men bothering about things like rep on a message board...it does make me smile while making them retards :D

I couldn't figure it out, seems kinda like seniority points on other boards, so people post a ton of dross to get to senior member status in a couple of weeks. Wish they'd get rid of them actually.

It’s something the original site owner dreamed up to get people out of the cave. After that it became a game of sorts and actually has no redeeming value now. Unless you’re female in which case the rep can be traded for sexual favors, which is now mandatory of course. :laughings:

the best thing to do is randomly neg rep people in the cave...its much to their bewilderment and they seem to read quite deeply into it...which makes it even more amusing..

I see Zaph B has a thread set up in your honour wondering why you negged him.. :D

Rep music

There is one good thing about the rep thing though, and that's when people leave an actual comment. There's one member that always just leaves me this;:spank: and it's really confusing because it's not negative but I don't know what they're trying to say !

Back