littledog said:
Moral:

Don't piss into the wind.

I thought it was SPIT into the wind!:confused:

Or was it "Don't Break Wind"?:confused:

Or "Wind Beneath my Feet"?:confused:

Or "Earth WIND and Fire"?:confused:

littledog said:
i could hijack a truckload of stereo equipment and sell it out of the back of my van at 50% of the price you would find it at in a store. i could justify it by saying that "stereo equipment is overpriced, and i'd rather be ripping off the stereo manufacturers than letting them rip me off."
[/B]

This analogy doesn't apply. Behringer didn't hijack a shipment of swizz's already manufactured goods. They manufactured (alleged) duplicates. They didn't actually steal the ready-made units.

It's an analogy. You may not think it's a good one. I think it is excellent. At this point, who cares? I'm actually pretty tired of this whole thread. How about letting it die?

Yeee-haaaw

I haven't read such absolute dribble in a long tme.

It's amazng to me how blindly, patriotic some of us are here at this board. We do nothing but enhance the international reputation of the stereotypical ignorant stupid American with a superior attitude.

When a foreign company allegedly copies a design from an American company with the purpose undercutting the competition and makig a profit, everyone jumps up and down on their red, white and blue soapbox and screams plagarism, and jerk off about how their high morals will never allow them to support such filthy and immoral practices.

However, when American companies do exactly the same thing (need I refer to the budget condensor microphone market, of which a significant number of members here own these budget "copies"...there are MANY other examples, this is just one quickie), everyone gets down off their soapbox and quietly mumble something or other under their breath about competiton being healthy, all's fair in love and capitalism which incedently made this country what it is today, and it serves the foreign company right for having such ludicrously high prices anyway, and by the way, the cheaper "American" copy - usually manufactured in Asia - is a superior product than the original too, etc, etc....

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Regarding the Mackie VS Behringer debate: I personally don't own any Mackie or Behringer products, simply because I don't like them and I can fortunately afford superioir quality equipment. However, I can plainly see that it is obviously very beneficial to a young home hobbyist starting out in recording (a category which applies to a majority of members here at HR.com) to be able to purchase budget equipment from companies that copy, clone and re-badge products such as Behringer/Mackie, Studio Projects, Samson, Marshall Electronics, ART, Rode, Fostex, Sony, etc., at such affordable prices.

"Hypocrasy is not dead..."

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but since the Mackie 8 bus has adjustable Q for it's highmid EQ, and the Behringer does not, how the hell can the circuit boards be the same ?

:rolleyes:

same?

Here's one!
A couple a year's ago Fostex, Otari and HHB had the same Dat and CDR machines only in different colors, white for Fostex, black for Otari and purple for HHB so who actually made them????

Re: Yeee-haaaw

Sir Dingo said:
I haven't read such absolute dribble in a long tme.

It's amazng to me how blindly, patriotic some of us are here at this board. We do nothing but enhance the international reputation of the stereotypical ignorant stupid American with a superior attitude.

When a foreign company allegedly copies a design from an American company with the purpose undercutting the competition and makig a profit, everyone jumps up and down on their red, white and blue soapbox and screams plagarism, and jerk off about how their high morals will never allow them to support such filthy and immoral practices.

However, when American companies do exactly the same thing (need I refer to the budget condensor microphone market, of which a significant number of members here own these budget "copies"...there are MANY other examples, this is just one quickie), everyone gets down off their soapbox and quietly mumble something or other under their breath about competiton being healthy, all's fair in love and capitalism which incedently made this country what it is today, and it serves the foreign company right for having such ludicrously high prices anyway, and by the way, the cheaper "American" copy - usually manufactured in Asia - is a superior product than the original too, etc, etc....

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

To be honest, I never checked where any of these products were made.

I can't speak for anyone else, but misguided patriotism played not even the slightest part in any of my arguments. If Behringer is not an American company, which I'm assuming from what you say it isn't, if it moved it's headquarters to the USA tomorrow it wouldn't affect my feelings in the slightest. And if Ebtech (are they a US company?) moved to Mars I'd still feel they were getting ripped off.

Re: Re: Yeee-haaaw

littledog said:
If Behringer is not an American company, which I'm assuming from what you say it isn't, ....

Ahhhh, yes.....it's great to see someone else once again adding to the international reputation of the stereotypical ignorant stupid American.

Well done buddy :rolleyes:

Back