• yeah maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe on a really boring roadtrip....

• if my friends heard this song on, they'd label me a fag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jonathon (or maybe Jonothon) Richmond was the singer/Guitar player for the Modern Lovers and now has set out on his own. His Solo Stuff is simpler and less cynical. I like his writing because he blurs the line between adult and childhood and the things he notices and puts in songs are things often overlooked or considered to mundane to write about. I have also heard many people put him into the "Your Gay if you are listening to this category" but for me that statement only serves to categorize the person making it. The guitar initially reminded me of JR and then the Bicycle in your name but mostly the simple straight forward presentation of this song which is not at all afraid to sound the way it sounds. These things all combined to make for my short and somewhat ambiguous post. Sorry about that Lucas. I listened to "Brink" and "Lonely Room" To try to get an idea of how "I can't wait" is different and I think I see how this song deviates from that other material but they share your somewhat off kilter take on things and your personality comes thru on all. In each one of those songs came a moment where I Thought "Did he just say this or that" and I like it when that happens. The poll at the beginning of the post only served to confuse me. (Granted easily done)

Well you got me Lucas. "I can't wait. Hey mister can't wait." Has been running thru my head in the grocery store and in the service bar where I work. :D

Hey lucas -

Could you post the lyrics?

I have a hard time heaing them as they are fairly buried and panned kind of wierd (sounds like they are panned right with the drums & the ride is all over the vox so I can't hear it well). Since we are talking about the song & not the mix, post up the lyrics so I can judge better.

Thanks

:)

Back