I can't solve my ADAT sync problems!

giggsy

Ok, I'm in a setup that I took over from someone.

There's a 02R, a BRC, 3(three) XT's and a PC.

Right now the pulse is coming from the 02R via the Word Clock to the BRC.

My first problem is that I can't get the tapes in my ADAT's to run without this damn interpolation indicator flashing. Eventually it causes dropouts and nasty sound peaks. I can take a brand new tape, format it and when I press play there's a constant flashing. I had the ADAT's cleaned and fixed just before this session so they should be fine. And it's like a random flashing, it can appear whenever.

The second problem has to do with my ADAT/EDIT card. I can't transfer via the optical cables without nasty peaks just like the ones you get when you have two pulses in a system. I know the drivers are pretty crappy for the card but it should at least transfer somewhat transparently to my PC. I'm not asking for any miracles here, am I? I should also mention that when I transfer I use the PC as a master.

I'm thinking maybe I should change the system to make the BRC the master. With my current setup I can't even make digital clones of the tapes. But does that solve anything? Could the cables cause these problems?

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just really frustrated as I'm in the middle of a session and I was supposed to transfer 11 tracks to the PC tonite...

giggsy

I had a lot of trouble just syncing 1 ADAT to my pc with that adat/edit card!

I assume you've got the V2.0 driver?

I'm not familiar with the O2R or word clock in general... do you need the BRC?? i would just eliminate components till i found the source of the problem, the problem i had was with my VIA chipset.

Try syncing just the ADATS to the PC without the BRC or the O2R then you can check if it the edit card etc etc.....

Thanks for you replys. I'm stuck here...

I've tried to format tapes with just the power cord connected to the ADAT and I still get these bleeding error messages as soon as I run the tape. I can't believe my newly maintained ADAT's can be faulty all three?

The ADAT/EDIT transfer is somewhat related since all the errors makes the transfer lose it's sync.
I've tried to transfer from one ADAT without the BRC or the 02R connected but I still get digital "crackles" every now and then.
If there's a possibility that the VIA chipset is causing this, how can I check it? I don't even know what that is, being virtually a computer illiterate.
I know how to use my software but I'm no PC tech...

I have V 1.03 installed of the "connect for windows" but I'm not sure about the ASIO V 2.0. How can I check that also?

giggsy

Back