I can't find TDK SA60's anywhere

filmdude11

Hey Everyone,
I'm starting a recording project on Monday with my Tascam 414 mkII. Lately I've been using Sony "cd power" type 2 tapes, but I'm experiencing some dropouts. I've heard that TDK SA60 tapes are the best and can be found anywhere, but today I went to Radio Shack, Target, and Wal-mart and couldnt find them. I don't know where else to look. Tomorrow I'm going to try Hastings. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys
Corey

Oh, maybe Wal-greens? I bet they'd have em there.

I think I'm going to try Walgreens tomorrow, and if they dont have any I'll go to Best Buy (about 30 miles away) no big deal.

Thanks man
Corey

If you go to Best buy I would call first. I went to best buy for cassettes for my 424 mk2 and their selection was very poor. All the tapes they had where
way to long for recording anything worth keeping.

Well guys I really lucked out on this one.

Yesterday I went to about 8 different places and still found nothing. Then I remembered that a new Sam Ash store just opened. So I went there and believe it or not they had them, and they weren't the SA60's but SM30's. Not only that but the guy charged me $2.40 for a box of 10 tapes. I wish I would've gotten two boxes, but I didn't. Anyway, that's a really awesome store, they have everything. They even have 3 or 4, 414 mkii's.

Thanks for all the help guys,
Corey

Back