I can't believe I can't figure this out - Cubase Five Monitor While Recording Issue

Broken_Hal0

hello hello , well I just made the switch to cubase five from sonar (they were too buggy plus I get to use all their plug ins in cubase anyways!)

Everything is alright I guess , Im still foreign to this application but I am having a hell of a time figuring out the simple task of recording layers into my tracks and hearing the playback.

Im used to sonar just merging them when I record .....then stop , move the curser back and do another take . I don't know how to get that same effect on cubase , it just simply records into another lane and mutes my audio which I am using obviously for reference.

I know it is probably something super easy that I am missing , none the less I am trying to save some sanity here and see if one of you guys can point me in the right direction.

I don't do cycle recording , just not my style , but I NEED to be able to record my overdubs into the same track......help :(

I'm at work right now so don't have cubase nearby.

Two things:
First thing, in preferences there is a section where you have an option of arming selected track. Turn it off. However, you will then have to actively press the "R" button in the track to record arm it.

Second, in the help menu or the manual, read on recording mode button on the transport toolbar.

Back