I cannot hear external midi. Software or Sound Card problem?

Alejo

I hope somebody can show me the light...

I have an Audiophile Delta 2496 Sound Card with the midi IN connected to the keyboard. I select "Midi IN Delta" in Cubase SX and nothing happens. I only get signal on the vumeters of SX when I select "All midi inputs". Why?

The same for the midi OUT. I have two external sound modules (TG500 and TR707) connected to the midi OUT of the sound card. I have no response from them when I select the "Midi OUT Delta" as the sound source on SX.
I only get sounds when I selct "SW: Wave tables GS" (or something like that) as Midi OUT in SX, which I believe it is a internal midi somewhere in my PC. Besides, this sounds come with really big latency. I only have latency in this configuration of midi, not in Audio.

I would really appreciate any help to get sounds from my two external midi devices.

Thank you,

alejo.

The Audiophile doesn't have an onboard synth, so you need another source, such as an external MIDI-device or a soft-synth.

And don't even bother with the Microsoft GS Softsynth. It's no good, and has incredible latency (and there's nothing you can do about it).

:)

Txs a lot. At least I learned today that GS thing is the Microsoft midi. The drums there sound like my grandpa caughing...

Why SX does not recognize my sound card´s Midi IN and OUT?.

When I select the Delta Midi IN on my software (which is where the keyboard is plugged) I get nothing. To get signal I have to select "All Midi INPUTS".
But the keyboard is plugged to the midi IN of the Delta sound Card!

By the other hand, it seems that Cubase SX only recognize this GS midi OUT and not the external ones I have.

Mmmm...

Back