I Belong - Please critique - Pop Song (Critique 2nd mix version) - updated

jerberson12

mucis procedure
Please critique "I Belong" - I updated the thread and uploaded the second version mix of the song

All replies before 7/16/2023 were feedback for the first mix.

I-belong-X.mp3 is the second mix version.

This is the most number of tracks I did (40 tracks)

Please let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• I-Belong-X.mp3
    8.2 MB
Last edited:
Sounds very good. Clean. The vocal is nice and clear, and very good. That makes a world of difference.

Any good modifications will be "icing on the cake" for this fantastic mix. I loved the drive in the backing tracks that were keeping the energy up. Enjoyed it !
mark

Please critique "I Belong" - I updated the thread and uploaded the second version mix of the song

All replies before 7/16/2023 were feedback for the first mix.

I-belong-X.mp3 is the second mix version.

This is the most number of tracks I did (40 tracks)

Please let me know.
Thanks
Updated for second mix version.
Please read first post.
Thanks

I thought that in general it sounded good. Excellent clarity on everything. All the ear candy for stuff like this is there.

Like someone else said, it's a little bright. Like there is a high shelf boost on almost everything.

Minor issue - when the bass kicks in, it doesn't have quite as much strength as I'd like. If it could be a little tighter right when it kicks in it'd help.

Mostly though, it's good.

Like there is a high shelf boost on almost everything.
In my Studio I have Barefoot Monitors - it doesn't sound like that to me.

As for the Mix - I think it is really good - during the first chorus the image gets a tiny bit crowded - instruments are walking on each other a tiny bit - down't happen the second Chorus - the 32nd note Highhat like thing might be a bit to upfront - but I don't know - During the 'Fought all the Monsters' part it sounds too forward for the first two lines - then falls back in the mix IMO.

The hi hat sample is pretty crispy. My brain wanted to hear it (or something like it) come in at hte beginning of each chorus to give the whole chorus some slap. Otherwise, kick and snare could each come up maybe 2db to be more defined, and minor things other than that. The bass could come up too, but "where" it comes up is the question - low lows or low mids. I used a soothe type plugin to try to tame some of that high end crispiness and a wee bit of midrange felt pleasing to bring up. I don't know ... it's really good and always a bit of a gamble to do anything to a mix that is loudness maximized to -8rms, but this was a fun one to play around with.

The song is awesome as a composition. Love the vocals and the EDM changes were great imho.

@jerberson12
I'm hesitantly posting this. There might be some loudness distortion due to the processing I did, but the concept is the drum tones being more up front along with a bit of midrange presence and an attempt to tame some extreme highs. I can't stop listening to it. I love this song.

Attachments

• Belong X Humble Tweaks.mp3
    10.1 MB
Hi all,

Sorry for late reply.
I do not want to reply any of your post since it may be insignificant because I am remaking this song with a new set of sound source.
The original music was made from stock virtual instrument sounds and I feel that the sound was not that great.
I will post the new version of the song using the new sound source in few days.

Back