I Believe It's True

Track Rat

Just Your Average Sized Member
Old stuff WAS better. We've been going down the rabbit hole of music from the 60's. This Hollies tunes has always haunted me. I just love this shit.

Really nicely done...there's a lot of stereo separation going on for the acoustic guitars which i like....Byrds esqe. Feels pretty authentically recorded. Good voice..i'd bring it up a notch.

Mark

Bravo TR! It is nice as it is but if I was to mix it .... Harmonies up a bit and more verb on them and smidge more verb on the lead vocals. Great singing, playing and sound!

I appreciate the listen. I tend to recoil at the sound of my voice and always seem to mix it down. Ninty percent of this is the live take and we filled in some stuff. I like trying to work in that old school fashion as much as I can.

This is great, TR. Excellent performance. I agree with others that the vocals could come up a bit. Also think the bass can come down a bit, or maybe it needs some eq (not sure)

The acoustics are more prominent than I recall in the original, but I like them that way. The L/R panning works well. I do the same thing with acoustics on my recordings.

Nice!! (y)

I don't know about the vocals overall being brought up, but you could bring the vocal harmony up a taste. The two hardest parts of this one were the vocal harmony and the instrumental part. Near as I can tell, you got the vocal harmony right - it sounds good to me - bring it up a db or so.

Back