I believe I just wrote the song to win over that woman

Scriabin

Hello All,
After our long discussion on winning someone over through a song, I dove immediately into the process. It was therapeutic and I feel much better after having done so. I'm no longer interested in pursuing "what if's or only if i's." I'm finishing the lyrics now but the music is finished. The song is called Falling Forward. I'd appreciate it if you could give it a quick listen and let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
Scriabin

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1147&alid=-1

Last edited:
Hey Scrab. I put my 2 cents in on that thread so I know what you are talking about. This is it. I am a Big Edwin McCain fan and the first thing that came to mind was Ill Be. Also check your PM

really liked it. it reminded me of a band called "the frames", similar sort of laid back gentle feel. but because the music is gentle i think the lyrics will be very important as they would really stand out on a track like that. other than that, probably the best stuff ive heard on here in ages, and by the way, how did you record the strings???

Very nice, Mr Ex President. Actually I think excellent is the word I need to use. Agree with cliff. Looking forward to hearing the singing. Were the string chords I heard panned right lower register violins or were they violas?

Thank you for the replies Cliff and Garry:)
In regards to the strings I used the VSL legato violin ensemble samples in Logic Audio. On the left side I used VSL Cello ensemble that played counterpoint to the electric bass. The solo fiddle at the beginning is also a sample from a celtic instrument cd. All of the other instruments were recorded by me using a u195, c42, and sm57. All were tracked through the mp-1nv at 16bits into Logic.

The lyrics are now finished and I'm rushing to finish the recording before I have to deploy to Ft. Lewis, Washington this sunday. I'll post the link here before I leave.

Thank you once again. I have a hard time judging the quality of my songs and appreciate your fresh ears:)

Scriabin

Back