I apologise if this is a daft Question..Boss Gt8 & Zoom HD16.

goatbreath

O.K. being a daft guitarist I have never been great with drum machines..
I understand most effects.I hate digital studios with their buttons and switches with more than one function but as I have no choice they are a necessary evil..

Well I was trying to use my Boss GT8 as a pre amp to the input in my Zoom Hd16.I am getting Distortion,On Squeaky clean guitar sounds.I have tried altering the output level lower on the Boss and also tried making sure there is no clip on the input on the HD 16.I have tried it on both impedances on the input.
I am running the GT8 output as line out..It has various outputs for combo,,etc..

Is the GT8 and the HD16 known to be mismatched??..Has anybody any Ideas..

Have you tried the various outputs ? If I use my GT8 direct I use the "Line Out" setting into a DI box. Im assuming you are setting the Zoom input to DI and not Mic. Im not familiar with the Zoom, does it have an option to use the input as a Mic or DI ?

Hi,,
Strangely enough the GT8 has minimal distortion on Combo setting,,But has loads on Line out/Phones..Even If Red Light is not flickering on input it still Distorts with all other settings..

I have re arranged the room and got my line 6 flextone III + out which has AIR outputs..So I'm now using that..But the Boss has some interesting stuff in there
so I may use it in the future..

My flat is tiny so I was trying to take up as little space as possible..But now all the gears out I'm happy I done it..I think the distortions on the HD 16 are awful..Just too full on even at low settings..

I am quite nocturnal and I play alot through headphones so Micing up is not normally an option..

Thanks for your reply..:D:D

Back