i am useless (br-1180 related)

idrisguitar

well got this ages ago..and have recorded many songs...but have never really got into the machine...i can prbably do twenty times more things tha what i am using...my vocal always sound weird and the quality isnt good most of the time....i know this machine can produce song a lot better soundnig than the ones on my hard drive so far...i dont know how to use the mastering tool properly etc.

so i though lets go to the manual and learn!.......cant find it!

can anyone help me....any link to a pdf file for the manual...anything at all.

i need this manual...i am older now (got it as soon as it came out...a year back) and more into my music and want to create some good quality music but it this point i cant.

anyone with a manual on their pc...would really help me out...otherwise anything else like a site i can visit to request a new one. anything

or alternatively it would be great if anyone can link me to free faqs/guides to it..just in case the manual is unavailable.

anything would be a great help
thanks in advance

I'm not into that particular machine but you can purchase manuals from your regional Roland office and they are not especially expensive - I got a VS840EX manual very cheaply. Some products have some material like a QuickStart manual and FX lists in PDF form you can download.
Roland and Boss product support details can be found here...
www.rolandus.com
...and look thru the support pages.

A lot of people have trouble getting a good vocal sound and it has nothing to do with the voice or equipment. It helps to have some sort of acoustic treatment and the least you can do that makes a big difference is to rig up a vocal booth. At simplest, this can just be a duvet hung up behind you.

thanks you....yeah so i have a studio mic so what should i do cover myself in a duvet so no sound escapes and echoes ...this mic is made for picking up sound in a high quality so this may help...thanks for the help

Those large diaphragm condensor mics actually make things worse by being more sensitive, not that you shouldn't use them. Most rooms are too small and the walls too hard, so reflections from nearby surfaces are almost as strong as the direct path from mouth to mic but get there later ('cause they have further to go) -they arrive at the mic out of phase and tend to cut some frequencies and boost at others (comb filtering). The wall behind is the main one to cover but you can put one on your left and right too. But the main and simplest tactic, is to pick a wall facing the longest length of the room, away from corners, hang the duvet up it somehow and sing with your back to it. In most cases, this cures that thin/boxy vocal sound.

Back