i am sooooo going back to analog........

turtlishous

seconds please!
why the hell does everything have to be so complicated in the digi world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not even talking about the recording aspect of it, but more or less the zip this unzip that download this ect....ect...

all i've been trying to do for the last 3 freakin hours is download drum trigg from stormrecordingstudios.co.uk and the fuckin zip file won't unzip!!!!!!

i relized after about a half an hour into this that i need to find a program to unzip it so off i went into the hell fire of www. suckmybutt.com to find one..........
only to have that not work.........then tryed another one.........nothing.........again.......nothing.........seriously...

WERE'S THE FUCKIN MANUAL FOR THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!

rant over.....

if anyone is got the knowhow heres the problem.....

trying reaper...want to try out a technique with reafir(plugin-gate) and to do this i need to get a drum trigger....there happins to be one that pipeline used in the tutorial from the above mentioned site and is free. ok.......so its a zip file....i downloaded ultimate zip to extract it...and thats as far as i can get.....all i get after the extract is a message"unable to open" different OS and some jive like that.......now what........?????

i can see that there are plenty of lurkers.......but no one knows?

or am i just missing somthing totally obvious and folks just think i'm an idiot for posting this?

if you picked #2(idiot) your absolutly 100% right when it comes to this kinda stuff!

mshilarious said:
So . . . where you gonna get analog drum samples :confused:

i'm gonna tap my feet like they did back in the day:) i'm not sure whats harder to work with.....a computer generated drummer or a live one :D :eek:

besides....i know the obvious answer to my problem........BUY some software instead of trying to be a cheap ass like i am.........

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm If this don't open the .zip file, then the file is corrupt (it happens!)

Also, try using a different internet browser to download the file.

I agree, if you are being a cheapass, and obviously haven't spent much time learning about how to use the tools available in the computer world, you really don't have the right to bitch. If you want everything done for you, go hire a fucking studio to do your production.

Going back to analog won't last long either. One session of waiting for tape to fast-forward, rewind, and re-sync' will take twice as long as figuring out how to work your computer.

Stick with it
That Reaper program REALLY ROCKS!!!!!!
I think someone mentioned it but your going to have to down load some drum samples to make that Retrig thing work(I went thru the same run a round you did)

Good luck and ;let us know if ya need help

I seem to remember maintaining analog tape machines as being a bit of a pain in the arse too. Oh, and using razor blades and tape to do edits was just a bit harder than clicking a mouse.

so this is what i'm talking about,..............i just posted a reply and the damn thing didn't post!

FORD can you post for me :D i don't want to do it myself.....

and as far as learning how to use my computer......thats why i'm asking for your great and unmatched tutalidge ;)

and for the splicing of tape----never had to cuz my shit rocks on the first take! thats what my mom said so THERE!

turtlishous said:
besides....i know the obvious answer to my problem........BUY some software instead of trying to be a cheap ass like i am.........
There's lots of good free stuff.I hardly think a zip file should be a show stopper!

beezelbubba said:
There's lots of good free stuff.I hardly think a zip file should be a show stopper!

wow,.....i think a little sleep got the hate to subside for a moment.......and the free stuff to work with is a really kick ass plus to working digital....i have to keep pluggin away at this thing untill i can get a better grasp on it.

and the neg rep(to whoever) is a waist of time........if you want to make me look bad in rep........no one really holds much stock in that shit anyway.......so next time if you have something to add.....just post it here.\
and if you have ever read any of my posts you would know that i can't spell worth a damn..........glad your soooo preceptive......duuuuhhh

turtle, drop the *.dll file fro mthe zip of drumtrig into whatever folder you have specified in reaper as your vst plugins folder

pipelineaudio said:
turtle, drop the *.dll file fro mthe zip of drumtrig into whatever folder you have specified in reaper as your vst plugins folder

i do not see any folder for vst plug-ins and i know that i have not created one, even if i knew how to do that..........i suck at this

Back