I Am Legend - An accidentally timely glitch punk original

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
I did the RPM/FAWM challenges in February and produced some ok demos. I'm taking some time to clean those up and create real tracks out of them

First up is an accidentally-very-timely song about a global pandemic and an isolated protagonist.

Mix 1
View attachment IAmLegend.mp3

Mix 2

Mix 3

Unmastered flac of latest mix:
https://test.regdarandthefighters.com/tracks/test74657374/RPM2020/IAmLegend/IAmLegend.unmaster.flac

As always, feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Your songwriting chops keep getting better. Interesting decision to push the guitar so far to the left and so far back. I think it works though. The song ebbs and flows nicely and builds really well. I'd be tempted to reduce the number of repeats of that keyboard effect. Good jam

I have to agree with Bulls, glitch might need some variation, or less is more. Other than that, sounded like everything was as you intended.

Thanks folks.

You mean the bleepy synth that comes in on the choruses? Hmm... Maybe it could use a few dropped notes, yeah.

Ok. I've got my mastering chain worked out again, and I've tweaked the synth pattern to be slightly less frantic. New mix in OP

I like it! Catchy, and cool vocals style ,mix sounds good to me lyrics are cool. I thought the pretty movie/book was pretty dark ...so cool the upbeat synth/pop vibe on the subject matter....Im gonna throw this on my mp3 player for my run today!

Thanks Strat.

New mix in the OP. All I really did was reverse the drum panning, but it should feel a little more balanced.

You might want it that way, but the thumping bass line seems pretty up front. To me it feels out of place because of how forward it is. I don't have a super powerful sub on my system, but the low thumping very forward (sounds like some sort of bass synth).

Last edited:
The bass drum sound? Yeah, it's a synth. (Or rather a VSTi emulation of a synthesis drum machine). My mastering chain is kind of tuned to maximize the bass drum because it usually gets lost, but it may be too much on this one.

The bass drum sound? Yeah, it's a synth. (Or rather a VSTi emulation of a synthesis drum machine). My mastering chain is kind of tuned to maximize the bass drum because it usually gets lost, but it may be too much on this one.

Too much cow bell. When I get to this style of music it is difficult for me to say. But it did feel disconnected from the rest of the tune.

listened to mix 3. Agree with Bulls that your songwriting has come a long ways, but your mixing skills too. I can see this song fitting into a movie somewhere.

I thought your kick/bass drum sound was just a little too forward. I have a sub woofer on my system, so take that into consideration.

listened to mix 3. Agree with Bulls that your songwriting has come a long ways, but your mixing skills too.

Agreed. It's been a while since I've heard a VHS track, but imo this is one of the better ones. Well done!

Back