I am a Noob Home/Recreational Musician/Engineer/Producer...

uncle sixer

Like the title says, I dabbled with a cassette 4-track 20 yrs ago, but have been away from it for quite some time.... 2 decades of guitars mostly gathering dust.

Now I am back into it and having tons of fun. My question is: Where can I post/upload my first finished product for feedback on my skills?

I would take feedback on my playing, arranging, etc, etc... Is my first song generally good (to normal listeners), is it good from the perspective of being a music enthusiast, what would it need to sound "ready for the radio".

Where do I do to get positive reinforcement and/or a crushed ego :) ?

Thanks!!!

Where do I do to get positive reinforcement and/or a crushed ego :) ?

Thanks!!!
I promise we'll be so brutal that those guitars will collect dust for another 20 years!!! 😁

You should have enough posts that you can attach files to a message. If you REALLY feel like putting your music out into the world, you can get a Soundcloud account, then just post a link to the song. I can guarantee that each and every one of us had to post that first song at some point. Some of the folks on here are really good, some of us are just hobbyists who enjoy playing music and learning how to record.

Cool, was looking @ soundcloud earlier today as something for my friends and family to grab downloads.... will work on that and post in MP3 mixing clinic forum soon.

Thanks!!!

If you get your original tapes digitised, supaphoto should be able to do this, you can upload your mp3 file to music platforms like soundcloud where you'd have a reasonably large audience. Spotify podcasts are free aswell so that might be worth a shot

Back