I’ve Got A Feeling (Cover)

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Drums are borrowed from my good friend Ringo, but everything else is me. This song is deceivingly HARD.

OK....imagine me standing up and giving you a hand for that. I mean it. That song is SO Beatles that few have ever tried to do it. You attempted such a difficult tune to pull off....as you stated. Man......nice work.

However......yes.....however.....it does feel disjointed in parts. The guitar parts don't always come close enough to keeping in tempo and you can hear it a bit too much. The vocals struggle for pitch in some parts......not too many...but a few. Also......the vocals could be more clear......yes I know....it's hard to do the Lennon parts.....if not impossible. I'm not going to go on here. I can't nit pik a guy who tried to do I've Got A Feeling.

2 cents worth of....you got my admiration.....

Mick

This was fun; it put a smile on my face. I've always loved this tune.

Mickster pointed out the main things. In general, the recording seems to be kind of boomy-sounding overall. I'm not sure what is up with that. But the energy and spirit are there, and that's what mostly counts. The harmonies in the verses sound really nice.

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how old you are? Your voice has a charming youthfulness to it, which makes it hard to place.
Also, and don't take this the wrong way ... I see your profile says Virginia ... is that where you're from? You have an interesting way of pronouncing some words (when signing anyway ... and that's the only voice of yours I've heard), and I was just curious.

Anyway, fun cover, thanks for sharing!

Mickster pointed out the main things. In general, the recording seems to be kind of boomy-sounding overall. I'm not sure what is up with that. But the energy and spirit are there, and that's what mostly counts. The harmonies in the verses sound really nice.

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how old you are? Your voice has a charming youthfulness to it, which makes it hard to place.
Also, and don't take this the wrong way ... I see your profile says Virginia ... is that where you're from? You have an interesting way of pronouncing some words (when signing anyway ... and that's the only voice of yours I've heard), and I was just curious.

Thanks Mick! Your critique is pretty much how I was feeling (no pun intended). The George parts are a little hard because the timing can be just a tiiiiny bit off from the rhythm. And the vocals go without saying.

Whoops responded to Mick with your quote. I’m 26. I think the boominess might have to do with the drums I borrowed. It’s not fully isolated. There’s still some bass there.

Wow....you're 26 and you chose to do a BEATLES tune? Ok....I have to know why....and what made you choose that song? It was a GREAT choice for sure.....but 26 ?? I know of zero 26 (or there-about) year olds who would even know the name of more than a couple Beatles tunes....let alone I've Got A Feeling.

2 cents worth of.......26 and chose to record a Beatles tune?? Cool !!

Mick

Wow....you're 26 and you chose to do a BEATLES tune? Ok....I have to know why....and what made you choose that song? It was a GREAT choice for sure.....but 26 ?? I know of zero 26 (or there-about) year olds who would even know the name of more than a couple Beatles tunes....let alone I've Got A Feeling.

2 cents worth of.......26 and chose to record a Beatles tune?? Cool !!

Mick
I’ve grown up with the Beatles since I was a baby as my father always played them. I remember watching Help! as a 3 year old and my brother and I mimicked them. Him with a toy guitar and me playing on these tin cans and I was trying to bob my head like Ringo lol. They’re definitely my favorite band for sure. Sgt. Peppers is my favorite album, but Let It Be has some of my favorite individual songs. I’ve covered quite a few Beatles tunes, actually. I did one of Nowhere Man with my dad singing the lead vocals and that was fun. I was listening to I’ve Got A Feeling recently and I figured it’s a song I can learn in a couple hours (given it’s just an A and a D chord) and the bass is pretty simple, too. Easy to learn, insanely hard to perfect lol.

The vocal harmonies are spot on, I liked it. Even the falsettos, they sound a little bit shakey here and there, but it didnt sound so bad. This song is particularly hard to sing. Macca is a tenor and from what I could notice, you sound like a baritone. So its a really risky game to try to sing in such a different vocal range. But I think it sounds like you really had a good time doing this and that is what matters most!

Back