Hypersonic

Fire Dome

Hey i'm looking to buy hypersonic sometime soon. I'm just wondering if Steinberg/Wizoo will be releasing a verion two like they have done with Groove Agent recently and some others.

Cheers

Dave

I'm not sure if they are updating it, but I hope so. I bought it a while back and wasn't too keen on the sounds... don't get me wrong, if you just need a bunch of different instruments that are 'nearly' realistic then it's good. I do alot of stripped down stuff and it just exposed the 'fake' eliments too much.

Sampletank is much better - although still not perfect. With clever programming the strings can fit into a busy mix, but still not too pleasing for a minimalistic piece.

Sorry, don't mean to burst your bubble... but I would say demo it yourself first.

Yeah i got a demo with my Cubase BPM force package a while back and it's almost run out of times i can open it. I really like the sounds that come out of it. MAybe i'm just more forgiving than you.
Is it possible to add extra sounds? Either through expansion cds or downloads?

Cheers

Dave

...sorry...

I wasn't trying to sound patronising... my music is very organic. Loads of acoustic instruments with there own little nuences (mistakes) and Hypersonic was just too clean for what I do... It is a bargain and does a huge amount though.

Sure, there are Hyper modules that you can use to expend the original sounds. There are 5 slots for expansion. Check out this link for details.

http://www.savedbytechnology.com/2003/wizoo_hyper_modules.htm

i didn't take offence at all so no need to apologize.

What are the other alternatives in a similar price range?
I will probably be using it for my sisiters school project and maybe an acoustic project for someone who doesn't want cheesy strings. Do you think it will be up to it.

Cheers

Dave

Errr tricky...

That depends on which of the instruments you were going to be using more often. I'm still trying to find a virtual instrument that can do 'non-cheesy' strings.

I used to use the symphony strings also from sampletank (a seperate cut down version for about £50.) Which I was pretty happy with... as with all string modules you need to edit the parts carefully to avoid the 'played on a keyboard' feel. This was good until I worked with a proper string section for 2 tracks on my CD... suddenly the fake ones didn't cut it.

I don't much rate Edirols Orchestral synth... reasonable sound but still not realistic. If money wasn't an issue I would like to try the Vienna Symphony... but that is another world of money away!

As a general workhorse, I have to say that I do like Sampletank... You don't need to go for the full expensive one, check which instruments you need first.

The other option is Halion Strings which I've heard great things about but not used yet. Maybe someone else from this forum could give a review???

this is just an update incase anyones interested.
I decided after the good advice of Fishybob(cheers) to not go with Hypersonic cos i was really after only the acoustic kind of instruments instead of the pads and other wierd stuff. So after some deliberation i decided to go with Quantem LEaps Symphonic Orchestra (silver). It arrives tomorrow so i'll let you guys know what its like.

Cheers again

Dave

Back