Humanizing in fruty loops..

Sebcore

Hi,i finished my first complete track of drums and now i want to make it sound more real and better.Can i have some help on how to use the humanizing preset or other tips to make it sound better.
Also should i mix(twicking) the drums in fruity loops or in my recording program?
TX

Sorry dude.. I haven't used that program in so long. I once used it for drums like you, but it's limited... if you want highly realistic drums I suggest using the MIDI roll in Sonar and a DXi drum plugin like DFH which turns the midi drums into real samples. Using velocities will give the hits different sounds, because different velocities are mapped to different hit samples of the same drum. The end result is quite human sounding :)

Mistral said:
Sorry dude.. I haven't used that program in so long. I once used it for drums like you, but it's limited... if you want highly realistic drums I suggest using the MIDI roll in Sonar and a DXi drum plugin like DFH which turns the midi drums into real samples. Using velocities will give the hits different sounds, because different velocities are mapped to different hit samples of the same drum. The end result is quite human sounding :)
tx for the reply but the thing is i dont have Sonar and no plugin like DFH..im poor,i cant spend anymore money on those things for now.I just bouth a new computer and recording program and i still need a decent mic.

Well that is a dilemma indeed.. :P

but there are a torrent of resources out there on the net to help you out I'm sure..

there are many tutorials on the web on humanizing drums. Just google it. That's how I got most of my info. One thing not to do is to quantize. That sucks the life out of your drum beats. Use groove quantize or just quantize certain areas. The best thing to do is to use a midi controller and play the beats in real time. Start off with the kick and snare and then go back and do the hi hats, toms, etc. I think you can make most drum machines sound decent if you eq and program them right.

I've never had any kind of luck getting realistic results with the Fruity humanizing presets. The only way I can get a sound I'm happy with is just by going in and fiddling with note placement and velocity by hand.

I tend to play with velocity a lot more than placement, it's a lot easier to get realistic results without it just sounding like a drummer who can't play in time. A good set of multi-samples are essential; you're not going to get convincing dynamics when you're hearing the same exact snare hit at every volume level.

I'm a big fan of the excellent (and free!) ns_kit7free kit. With each drum sampled at 16 different velocity levels and seperate sets of samples for left- and right- hand snare hits, you get a nice large dynamic range to play around in--and the price can't be beat.

As far as mixing goes, I usually do most of it in my DAW (REAPER), simply because if I decide I need to change something it's a lot easier to do it there than it is to reload the Fruity project, make my changes, and re-export everything.

The humanizing presets are useless. Use the piano roll and set the note parameters from there. If you click the grey area to the left of where the notes' velocities are it'll bring the note parameters menu. From there you can set velocity, pan, cut, res, fine pitch and the channel's pan, volume and pitch

Back