Huge newbie question about sampling

Joshoto

Hello hello, most samples already made and setup for me in sequencers are cheesy as hell. I want to start up my own samples and i also want to rip samples and noises from various records and other sources. I don't have a record player but i'm pretty sure there are other ways to get samples. So in general...how do i go about sampling beats and noises ?

Joshoto said:
Hello hello, most samples already made and setup for me in sequencers are cheesy as hell. I want to start up my own samples and i also want to rip samples and noises from various records and other sources. I don't have a record player but i'm pretty sure there are other ways to get samples. So in general...how do i go about sampling beats and noises ?

Check Google under keyword sound effects. You can also try that with the keyword drum loops. Most of the time preset shit that comes with sequencers are cheesy but enough to get a feel for the software, that's about it. If you really look, you might be able to find a good selection of one shots that you can use to make your own beats.

you can sample any digital sound you want, and if you have line in/line out wires you can sample from other audio devices with most software. Ive had better luck making drum beats by cutting up drum solos/drum loops from other songs into individual drum hits. as for kanye type samples, where you're looping parts of the song, all you need is to cut the portion you want of the song into a work-with-able loop, and then hopefully mess around with it, chopping it up and such...

Back