HS-50 vs. KRK rp5v2

Moley1390

Canberran Amatuer
Sorry to start up ANOTHER monitor thread, but i've spent ages searching through threads and couldn't find a definitive opinion between these particular two monitors. I can get them for the same price here, so which should i go for? Note that it will be a while before i could think about adding a sub...
Thanks!

Sorry to start up ANOTHER monitor thread, but i've spent ages searching through threads and couldn't find a definitive opinion between these particular two monitors.
And you never will. Loudspeaker selection is as personal as selecting a pair of shoes or falling in lover with a woman. There is no answer that is right or wrong for everyone, only what is right or wrong for you.

You have three strategies:

- Head to a couple of dealerships with a couple of CDs you know and give them a listen yourself and see what works for you.

- If you don't have a dealership to listen to them, work with a reputable place like Sweetwater where you can work with a sales rep who is willing to sell you one of each so you can text them at home yourself, and then return the one yuo don't want for the second of what you do want.

- If you can't trust your own ears yet to make the right decision, then it frankly doesn't matter which one you pick; go with the one that looks the most attractive to you.

G.

Thanks

I'm from canberra, and i don't know of anywhere that one can borrow and test monitors... i'll check it out though. I plan to listen to them in a few days, just that i don't want to pick ones that sound great but are inaccurate... I suppose i just have to trust that the tunes i take are well mastered and WILL sound better on more accurate speakers.......... I planned to take a wide variety, and i suppose i'll stick to the fairly mainstream-big-bux records...

I'm from canberra, and i don't know of anywhere that one can borrow and test monitors... i'll check it out though. I plan to listen to them in a few days, just that i don't want to pick ones that sound great but are inaccurate... I suppose i just have to trust that the tunes i take are well mastered and WILL sound better on more accurate speakers.......... I planned to take a wide variety, and i suppose i'll stick to the fairly mainstream-big-bux records...

FWIW, I owned the KRK Rockit 8s, and they were boomy in my room (so were Mackie 824s), which is treated, or was pretreated for a different pair (MAudio BX5s) of monitors. For me, this stuff is just a hobby, for others, it's a job, but everyone has a reason for their opinions on any board. However, I'd still be curious as to what you plan to use these for, because the woofers are rather small, and integrating such a speaker with a sub would be difficult IMO because of the lack of low frequency extension in the mains.

Back