HRC#4- "C-rap" Rustyfingers and Guernica

Hey...
SluiceThanks bro... and great challenge idea on your part.

MCGuit
And that banjo - now boys - that sounded like that little feller in that there Delivery movie. (ya know they put the music over top that little feller's playin' - he cayn't really play all that good.)
....:D :D I about fell out of my chair laughing. Thanks for listening.

KhompYou know, yould think a bass player would have picked that up:D ....thanks for the listen.

Pete Thanks Pete, I wasnt real sure about the bass tone in this. Its loaded w/ chorus to make it wide..... and well.... idunno. Im glad you dig it... makes me feel better. Thanks for listening bro.

FatMThanks for the kind words

AlHey Al, that beginning actually was lifted from the "Above the Rim" soundtrack album.... Im glad you "got" why. Thanks for listening man, ...sorry i missed the Al/Sluice collab...... dang family vacations....:D ...Im watching for the re-mix!!

HevyD Thanks man, Im off to listen to yours. :)

......Im gonna leave any other responses to Dennis... Im feeling like a ball hog here:)
g

Funny, funny shit, and really well done. Some brilliant lines, great feel.

Banjo loop was cute at the end - not sure it worked the other times. Mebbe the only gripe.

We used to do a country version of Tone Loc's Wild Thing - pretty funny. Never saw the light of day, though - leader was a real wimp.:rolleyes:

Congrats, guys. HRC4 seems to have brought out the best in all of us, huh???

Daf

Re: Yes

HevyD47Ca said:
I think this is in the top 2 of this challenge so far.

That's one hell of a compliment BUT, I think everything I've heard so far has been great. Mike took a simple idea and tune and made it sound good IMO. I'm glad the vocals turned out OK on this, I put a pretty good bit of time into trying to make the harmonies just right. There are still a few "sticky" spots but for the most part I was happy. The guitar is a shitty old 99 dollar "Woods" and it's a miracle that it sounds as good as it does (Thanks Mike again). I'm a guitar hack and have basically held off on buying a decent guitar until I could actually play. I've started thinking that if I wait that long I might never get a new guitar :D Off to the guitar shop this afternoon... I need a new guitar to match the new drums I bought last week. :D

This has been a great challenge and I'd like to thank Slucie for putting the effort into making this fun.

Thanks again
Dennis

Blue Bear Sound said:
That's pretty creative - inventive idea and lyrics! Good job guys!!

(Not gonna comment on the sonics, that kinda isn't the point!)

You can PM me with "sonic" comments if you like! I don't take shit personal and would appreciate any comments you have, good or bad. I'm trying my best to get better at this and could use all the help I can get.

What I've noticed: (the parts I did)

The guitar : The inotation and playing sucks. The guitar was in perfect tune before I hit record but sounds like shit at the beginning.

The vocs: Sounded far away (My fault). I sang this pretty loud because it was the only way I could hit the notes. I backed away from the mic to prevent distortion but it made it sound like I, uh...
backed away from the mic. If I got closer it would distort.

All Mikes stuff sounded fine to me. He is a pro and it was nice to be paired with him.

Thanks
Dennis

Guernica said:
KhompYou know, yould think a bass player would have picked that up:D ....thanks for the listen.

[/B]

"picked it up"?? who you?? I knew you did it on purpose, hell that was the funniest part of all for me, I was laughing out loud.

LMFAO!:D :D

Great job guys. The rap from 2:04 - 2:33 was my favorite part. The spacey keyboard that follows is great. Sounds a bit like a pedal steel guitar in parts, is that the voice patch? Cool shit!

Listening again because there was so much to take in. Intro is classic. I was like, "what is going on?!"

Every HRC submission has been great. Each one is a breath of fresh air!

This is hilarious and very well done. I don't think this was the easy to pull off either but you did great. My only complaint is the "banjo" in the middle. It did not seem to fit well there - a little distracting. It was a great loop at the end though!

Vocals and harmonies were very nice rusty. G - good work pulling this together and giving it bite. The rap was great too. Bass work/sound was nice as usual.

Great work!!!

edit - forgot to add the song title is awesome!

"All my friends cried when that Greatful Dead dude died." Damn that was funny. "I'm a country rapper, when my wife wakes up I slap her." Thought I'd pee my pants. That spoken part in the middle had my eyes tearing up from laughter. Great.

I liked the little bass pop stuff after the disco line.

The banjo part might have been a little bit "busy." My only complaint.

Good job.

I really enjoyed it. Like BB said , sonics aint really the point, but this sounds cool.The banjo thing is novel too. It is about communication, creation, experience, and sharing amongst the brother/sisterhood, and havin fun working together.
The fact that on here we could just as well be on different planets, yet still we can jam is a very very cool thing!

Last edited:
After listening to that, I imagine I feel the same way my grandmother felt when I explained that her VCR could simultaneously record one show while she watched a different one. LOL.

Enjoyed it.

BPOCO

Like sittin on the crapper, eh?

Love it when the 808 style comes in :D

G :D You damn hick ... lmao... how's the Skoal longcut treatin' ya?

Really cool how the different elements come out.... the lap steel... then the banjo comes later... keeps it fresh :)

Killer tri-ton--er, banjo riff...

Good one!

C

Man, I've got two homegrown rap tunes on my system...

lol...k, I get it.
lol

LOLOL

awww...percussion's too loud...

Way cool!

I was all geared up for some real rap, you can imagine my surprise.

I don't know if it's just me, but the percussion was way too loud. The song catches up with it somewhat, but when it kicked in it took over the whole song. Wow, I thought I heard a real banjo, I must be dreaming...:)

This thing is so damn crazy! :D :D :D

Very funny. A definite strange mix of genres that you guys pull off well. Hearing the word "Ho's" done in a country style almost made me lose my shit!

Very funny! Another great one to add to my ongoing HRC # 4 compilation!

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

This is just great.

Very nice fellas. Very creative. Gave me a great laugh.

Nice work

Good funny stuff!!:D .....I don't have any issue with the tuning of the guitar(s)....I think it just adds to the authenticity of the humor....if Dr. Dimento still has a show you should get this to him....another successful collab!!!

Re: Re: Yes

rustyfingers said:
This has been a great challenge and I'd like to thank Slucie for putting the effort into making this fun.

Very thoughtful man. And thank you for following through! The members here are the ones who made it a reality. Makes me wonder what else we can do with music and the internet...

Back