HR.com band (continued)

Teddie

Hi, Nilbog, Emeric, JonX, and DrStawl.

This is continued from this thread: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=9846&pagenumber=2

Anyway, DrStawl, I'm getting ready to upload my vocal parts to the ftp site you set up.

I used the file carshrb.mp3 file and imported it into my multitracker so I could sing along to emeric and the clicker/drum track thingy... I did 3 vox tracks - 1 main, 2 backups. I exported the vocals without the music so the file I'm ftp'ing back to the server is vocals only, although, I didn't crop the length of the vocals file, so it should be exactly the same length as carshrb.mp3... I ramble.

Please email me if you have any questions about what I did.

It's coming together. Sorry it took me so long to lay down the vox.

Problem

DrStawl, I'm having troubles uploading the file to the ftp site... it won't seem to save to the server-side, although, it seems like it's uploading... it uploads way to fast for my connection, and then when it seems like it's almost done, it "can't initiate transfer"...

Any other way you would prefer me to get the file to you?

I hope this fixes it....

I got a chunk of your vocal file, but it's cut off. I erased some other stuff I had on the server which might've been the cause of the problem since D/L'ing that file fragment. Please try it again as the vocals came out pretty nice.

DrStawl, cool, looks like it worked this time... Please let me know if it made it okay. Thanks for your help.

Keep on Pluggin' Away

Sounded warblier than before but arrived complete. I've got room for a 192 version... hint, hint.
And speaking of hints, I haven't got any as to the placement of your clip within the song.
Only the Jon X track dropped right in with no adjustment necessary. Emeric relied on my knowledge of the song (bad mistake) to guide me. My idea (which no-one has taken me up on) is to create an index mark in the file you will record onto that lines up with a similar index mark in the click track. The start of the click track file will suffice as an "index" mark.

192... dangit, why didn't I think of encoding it that... I'm so use to encoding lower to comply with mp3.com... Okay, I'll re-encode it at a hight bit-rate..

Also, I'll leave emeric and the click/drum thing track in up until a few moments before the vocals start so you know where to line it up.

New vox file sent.

DrStawl,

The new vocals file is on the ftp server now.

Let me know if all is well.

Teddie

Back