Howth

I promise this will be the last of my songs I post today, from now on I'll post as and when each song is finished. This ones a little acoustic song, very basic instrumentation but was looking for an intimate type of vibe. Would love some feedback. Thanks guys.
Andrew
View attachment 85058

Sounds good. Guitar is a little bright for my taste, but I think that is pretty much the norm now. Percussion sounds good. I noticed is that the trailing ends of words go a little flat or waiver when you hold them a long time. On a side note, been to Howth many times - love it :-)

Chuck

Sound chuck thanks, I must have a try and taming the highs on the guitars and listen to how it sounds. I was wondering if anyone here would know of howth... Cool.

The guitar sounds fine here.
I would suggest queuing up your favorite tune with a similar guitar track and adjust yours to match.

I have always liked acoustic songs and this is a nice one. I have a few questions before I can comment. Are you playing all the instruments and provide all the vocals yourself, if so did you use the same guitar on both guitar tracks and what rig are you recording on?

I have always liked acoustic songs and this is a nice one. I have a few questions before I can comment. Are you playing all the instruments and provide all the vocals yourself, if so did you use the same guitar on both guitar tracks and what rig are you recording on?
Hows it going, yes i played all the instruments and did all the vocals, they are 2 different guitars recorded with different mic positions.
I recorded them with an audio technica 2035 into my Roland quad capture, my vocal Mic of choice is an.NT1A. My daw is sonar x1 producer.

I really like this one the most. I listened to some of the others you posted as well. Really nice recordings, quality performances and good mixes all round I think personally.

I just can't help but think that you're a massive Oasis/Liam Gallagher fan and are writing/singing in that particular style. Not to say that's a bad thing and maybe I'm wrong, just not my particular cup of tea. (No offense intended) Saying that, I would take your voice over his any day as I can't stand that whiiiiiiiiiiine he has.

Good stuff :thumbs up:

I really like this one the most. I listened to some of the others you posted as well. Really nice recordings, quality performances and good mixes all round I think personally.

I just can't help but think that you're a massive Oasis/Liam Gallagher fan and are writing/singing in that particular style. Not to say that's a bad thing and maybe I'm wrong, just not my particular cup of tea. (No offense intended) Saying that, I would take your voice over his any day as I can't stand that whiiiiiiiiiiine he has.

Good stuff :thumbs up:

Thanks Man, really flattered, Your correct, I wouldnt be doing any of this if it wasn't for Oasis, I was a huge fan and suppose my writing is influenced by them... I suppose all I neeed is a 90's revival and I'm laughing. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my stuff...

Thanks guys, I'm delighted to get such nice replies, it's great when somebody else likes your music. I'll be posting my album for free download on my reverbnation page and my facebook page in the coming week. Here is the finished album version of 'Howth'
View attachment 04 Howth.mp3

Very Oasis - so much so that you should consider making some adjustments to steer away a little being that they were huge, 90's and a very direct distillation of their musical influences .
You're, effectively, a near clone of a loving and creative pastiche.
You do it well and I like the song - I LOVE the 1st 2 Oasis albums and enjoyed the 3rd, (how could I not when I am a child of the 60s and a massive Slade/Garry Glitter/T Rex fan).
gte someone to play real 'cello for you.

Back