Hows this mix...?

Thirst

Ok fellaz.. My time spent recording began Febuary of 2003.. I have put alot of effort into trying to be best.. Writing and Recording Wise.. I want to be king of it all with my music lol.. I want to do everything.. BUT.. My mixes have had some issues in the past i think they are getting alot better though as I am posting an example of how nicely its progressing.. Now this might not be up to par for some of yall but its a big step up from my past projects.. Anyways tell me what you think..

This is the link..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/thirst1music.htm

The song is labeled " Freeversing over some shit "

It was just a project I did the other night when I was bored.. Ok I had to run the beat threw a graphic equalizer to gain back some bass and to fill it ina bit from what I originally had... Anyways tell me what you think.. Enjoy..

The Seifer said:
The mix is pretty good, but that is quite possibly the worst music I have ever heard in my life holy shit

Lmao ^

Yet another little kid running around i guess.. I respect all genres of music, shit I even have a garth brooks cd that I listen to regularly.. " the thunder rolls" and " I will sail my vessel " haha dope songs really.. Ive always appreciated good music no matter what, its sad to see that some are that ignorant.. Anyway lets see what the rest think.. Hope yall enjoy..

Last edited:
I think the recording and mixing is very good, but seriously, that song is like disturbing on a "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" level. Are you really that tough?

man do you know me..? Do you know where im from? Do you know what my school was like? Do you know my dad died when I was 10? Do you know I was put in prison in the military for something that wasnt my fault for over 6 months of confinement, and i wasnt in the nice part of it either.. I used to lead a bad life but ive changed that around n now I jus use it in my songs.. But I dont blame you, there are a million little dummy's going around making songs about shootin guns.. I dont shoot guns, but my songs are pretty real if thats what you meant... hope someone enjoys it for what it is..

I like it. It's really well put together, and I get where you're coming from. I'd actually love to master this record if you don't have anyone lined up for that yet.

Thanks alot man, much appreciation, glad to hear you liked..

Na I dont have anyone lined up for mastering. You can if you want lol, as long as you dont charge... How you want it..? Wave..? Email..?

I'm not into rap but, I'm diggin' your skills.Sounds like you got some talent, nice flow to your rhymes.

I like it pretty well. I myself tend to shoot for Radio play but I do have plenty of tracks that we ride around and listen to amongst ourselves that will never see the radio.

It was a little too crispy for me. That could have been from the mp3 encode. Kinda sounds like some of DJ Muggs old stuff.

Now since you posted it here, how about telling what you used and how you did it. LOL

The mix was pretty good. A lttile too hot for my taste but that could have also been the encode.

But to be honest, If you were in my location and wanted to do some work,, I would work with you.

Malcolm

I use my own computer I built

3.6Ghz pentium IV
2GB Ram
9800 pro ATI radeon 256mb video card
soundblaster audigy ex platinum 2
350GB internal drive
100GB external
event TR-5 monitors
shure sm58 mic
Rode nt1 mic
Rode NTK mic( I always use this mic, its the shit)
monster cables
bherenger mixer
nuendo
cool edit
t racks mastering software
fruity loops for my beats
bootleg vocal booth

Thats about it mang.. Ive built a decent setup for the time Ive been doing this for.. thanks for the feedback yall, i appreciate it alot... 1

Thirst said:
I use my own computer I built

Thats about it mang.. Ive built a decent setup for the time Ive been doing this for.. thanks for the feedback yall, i appreciate it alot... 1

Cool

Get your hands on a small digital mixer and run the spdif out of the Audigy. Its a big difference from the line outs.

I'm just getting into the whole recording/mixing thing so I can't offer much help, but it sounded good to me.

The song was good. You're very talented.

Good luck.

Back