How's my mix?

CodyIsFromSpace

Wave Mason Cody
I was just looking for some opinions on the mix of this song that I've been working on. There's a lot going on in it so it may be tough. But also give me your opinion all around because there's way more needed in this tune than just mixing... So... There's 2 vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar parts, bass, drums, piano, native american flute, some hand drums, a few different types of sound FX (nature sounds & such)... the song is called Shift in Thought for the time being.

Attachments

• Shift in Thought 11 (New).mp3
    6.8 MB · Views: 27
I was just looking for some opinions on the mix of this song that I've been working on. There's a lot going on in it so it may be tough. But also give me your opinion all around because there's way more needed in this tune than just mixing... So... There's 2 vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar parts, bass, drums, piano, native american flute, some hand drums, a few different types of sound FX (nature sounds & such)... the song is called Shift in Thought for the time being.

Hi.
Just listen to your song and its really hard to comment......its very special, but cool. It sound like you gays really know what you are doing. The mix itself sounded good on my laptop thru headphones.
Maybe it would sounded more impressing if you doubled the el guitar and wided them.....

anyway, i think maybe MP3 mixing clinic is the right forum for rewires from others.

its so impressive song. I diddent get the "stamp my foot" feeling, but it is so pro. Did you recorded it in a pro studio....?

Best regards
-einar høiland-

Ps: Can i borrow the bass player from time to time....? ;-)

Hey thanks for your thoughts... Ha I did post this in the wrong forum! O well I'll re-post the tune. And yep I recorded it all in our home studio.

Back