"Howlin' Wolf"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullerc

Hey guys,

I think my ears are tired of this one now, so please tell me how it sounds to yours... really appreciate anything thoughts regarding mix and overall performance.

http://users.bandzoogle.com/ChrisFuller/go/music-download?id=461941

Howlin' Wolf

Howlin' Wolf taught himself how to sing
Made a beautiful sound till Coyote ruined everything
Built a home for everybody inside his song
And he coulda lived forever if Coyote hadn't come along

Howlin' Wolf, the biggest star in the sky
Coyote said quit your monin' Wolf and let's get high
Sprinkle some bitter stardust in a silver spoon
He coulda lived forever but Coyote had to change his tune

Howlin' Wolf dreamt somthin' terrible
Coyote chained him to the moon when she was big and full
The rock drug him round the sky and left a bloody trail
Coulda lived forever but Coyote caught him by the tail

Howlin' Wolf taught himself how to sing
And he coulda lived forever but Coyote ruined everything.

C

Last edited:
Chris you have such a cool sound that is all your own; a complement indeed in a world of sound-a-likes. The bass needs to come up and maybe the drums could be more pronounced. But everything else is awesome. That slide guitar tone is so meaty and perfect for this type of tune. Well done...

Pretty cool. I like the lyrics. Good metaphor.

I think the vocals could use some (more?) reverb. The vocalist sounds too close. It's a little more pronounced in the beginning of the song when it's just guitar and vox.

Otherwise, nice work.

Cool!
Nice raw blues tune. Guitar sounds nice and dirty, nice slide-guitar work. Great singing performance. Drums could be a bit louder. Do I hear the snare on just one side? I suppose that's intentional. Nice song.

Joey :):):):)

Led Zep Intro, I Like It. The difference in your voice, I liked it alot man, you don't do collabs do you? I like how you kept this going. Had me moving, which is good, Lyrics I thought were good enough.

Would like to work on something with you if your ever intrested, Like the sound you have with the vocals.

Really liked the song in general, it was pretty cool. Nice and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back