Howard Stern mics.

He doesn't use the same one every night. I have seen the RE20, U87, and the girl has been seem with an SM7.
Probably others at times...

peace,
Rick

you know your a musician when you look past the topless women to figure out what kind of microphones they are using.

BTW im not making fun of you guys, I was wondering the same thing the other night:D

I see it all carter. I'm not looking past anything. It's like 3-D, man.

"The girl". That would be Robin, right?

Robin uses a Shure SM7, while the guests sitting down use a Electro Voice RE20. Howard uses a Nuemann of some sort. It's "TLM103" in size.

What kind of processing do they put on Howard's voice? Also on Tom Leykis? All those guys really have thin voices that you wouldn't even recognize over the phone or in person. There's a lot of compression and EQ and stuff going on I think.

you know they use good equipment because when you hear howard outside the studio he sounds like a high pitched mouse. i have to lower the bass on my radio to even listen to him.

yeah i saw the other night he was using a tlm103 and a few people in the studio were using re20s. the quality wasn't astounding though..but my tv is old.

haha...i was thinking the samething last night when i was watcing it. I came to conclude that Robyn (black lady) uses an sm7, the guests get sm58's and everyone else gets there own for some reason...but it suprised me when i saw one of the guys turning up his mic from what seemed to be a behringer mixer.

gemsbok said:
you know they use good equipment because when you hear howard outside the studio he sounds like a high pitched mouse. i have to lower the bass on my radio to even listen to him.

:D :D yeah I get that too......And the TLM103 is known as a "bright/harsh" mic but I have no problem getting a warm and even bassy sound on mine :)

i think what keeps on h appening is the new feature under the thread that has search shows up w/ related word or something and people click on it but don't look at the date, i do it, it happens all the time.

Back