how...

Erion

hi guys sup?

though if u could give a small tips for a start.... i got Ableton Live lite version 6.0 but i dono how to start and make abeats...

i got 49e keyboard m-audio... conected with it ....

regards

E

Wow.......

Try to take a step back and look at what you're doing here. This whole thing could be likened to logging onto a architectural forum and telling them you've got a piece of paper, a pencil, and a ruler...give me some tips on designing buildings.

If you have no direction, and no inclination to read an operator's manual....give up.

Too harsh, metal. Ableton doesn't actually help much getting MIDI to work.
OP, you'll need an instrument to add as a MIDI track. There's one provided but I could never get it to work. Look online for plugins called VSTi's. They're controllable using your keyboard. Get the plugin, put it in a directory that Ableton can find (check the manual to learn how to do this) then find the plugin in Ableton and drag it into an open MIDI track. Then hit the arm button (with the solo and mute buttons on the track way on the right) and you should hear the instrument play when you use the MIDI controller. To record it, just hit record and play at the top. You can change the instrument's settings by clicking on the MIDI track and using the VSTi control at the bottom of the screen.

Who said he was trying to get MIDI to work? Who says he even knows what MIDI is?

The fact is, there is a myriad of ways you could approach "making beats" and asking that broad of a question is just ridiculous and at the very least indicative of someone who shows no initiative to learn the fundamentals the way they should be learned.

The fact that someone aquires some specialized software and equipment to perform a specific task should suggest that they at least know what it is they are trying to do. It is not out of line to make those assumptions and it's not out of line to criticize them for demonstrating the opposite.

I reiterate, the process should begin with reading the manual. If at that time you had some specific problem with the process, I could understand posting a question about it.

easlern said:
Too harsh, metal. Ableton doesn't actually help much getting MIDI to work.
OP, you'll need an instrument to add as a MIDI track. There's one provided but I could never get it to work. Look online for plugins called VSTi's. They're controllable using your keyboard. Get the plugin, put it in a directory that Ableton can find (check the manual to learn how to do this) then find the plugin in Ableton and drag it into an open MIDI track. Then hit the arm button (with the solo and mute buttons on the track way on the right) and you should hear the instrument play when you use the MIDI controller. To record it, just hit record and play at the top. You can change the instrument's settings by clicking on the MIDI track and using the VSTi control at the bottom of the screen.

thank u man .....

metalhead28 said:
Wow.......

Try to take a step back and look at what you're doing here. This whole thing could be likened to logging onto a architectural forum and telling them you've got a piece of paper, a pencil, and a ruler...give me some tips on designing buildings.

If you have no direction, and no inclination to read an operator's manual....give up.

hmmmm u just a punk showing off look who i am get a fucking life u moron

metalhead28 said:
Who said he was trying to get MIDI to work? Who says he even knows what MIDI is?

The fact is, there is a myriad of ways you could approach "making beats" and asking that broad of a question is just ridiculous and at the very least indicative of someone who shows no initiative to learn the fundamentals the way they should be learned.

The fact that someone aquires some specialized software and equipment to perform a specific task should suggest that they at least know what it is they are trying to do. It is not out of line to make those assumptions and it's not out of line to criticize them for demonstrating the opposite.

I reiterate, the process should begin with reading the manual. If at that time you had some specific problem with the process, I could understand posting a question about it.

He is using a MIDI controller. It's safe to assume he's going to want to use MIDI. If you have nothing positive to contribute, stay out of the discussion.

easlern said:
He is using a MIDI controller. It's safe to assume he's going to want to use MIDI. If you have nothing positive to contribute, stay out of the discussion.

I did have something positive to contribute. I'm positive that he is too dense to ask a decent question.

He told you he had a MIDI controller, so what? Did he ask how to hook it up?

If I told you that I had a guitar, a copy of Sonar, and that I needed some help making metal, what the hell would you tell me?
Would you go through a tutorial on how to hook up my guitar to an amplifier? Would you teach me how to use Sonar? Would you tell me how to install Sonar on my PC? Would you tell me to go listen to some Metallica albums so I could learn how to write metal? Would you tell me how to finger a power chord? Would you tell me how to record drums? Would you give me singing tips so I could do the vocals? Would you tell me how to use a compressor on the kick drum track? Would you go through an exhaustive description of how to play the solo from Far Beyond The Sun?

At what point would you deduce exactly what I needed help with?

The truth is, if I asked such a question and nobody told me how galactically stupid it was, I would continue to be a fucking idiot.

Before some people can get help doing what they want to do, they need help not being a fucking idiot. That was the point of my post.

Lots of questions like this get asked in the newb forum... ;)

Back