How would I acccomplish this?

ThaArtist

You know how in multitrack view how you can adjust the volume or panning on a clip with dots? I want to be able to do this with effects. Say I want a delay hitting harder on certain words and softer on others. How would I accomplish this? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks!!!!

Right now I'm just getting into using busses for effects that are used over and over like a certain delay, I wish there were good tutorials on the "uses" of busses in audition. Sorry for sounding/being a noob.

Yup...you've found it. Track envelopes in the automation lane, set to control the right parameter in the delay.

In the old days, I used to do the same thing by applying the effect to the track in Edit mode, then mixing between the dry track and the wet track in Multitrack view.

Bobbsy, can I check something with you about automation lanes in AA3? (I think I know how to do this, but I want to confirm.) I've got a bass part with the Izotope compressor on it. But for about 20 or 30 seconds, I want to boost the bass part about 4 or 5 dB. If I use automation on the clip to raise the level, it'll boost the level which will then be hitting the compressor way harder and I won't get what I want. But what do I use in the automation lane to raise the level of the track without it hitting the compressor harder? I think what I want is 'Input Gain: Gain Amount', is that right?

Back