How to use Variaudio time warp outside of pitch range?

leavings

Hi all,

I'm using Cubase 5 to work on a song that has a shaker track in the background. There are a few hits that are slightly off, and I'd like to use Variaudio time warp to fix them, but nothing shows up when I load the track into Variaudio pitch/warp because the pitch is off the chart. Anyone have a solution to this? Is there a way to make Variaudio display the segments even though the pitch is high?

I tried searching here and in google and didn't find what I was looking for, so my apologies if this topic is already covered elsewhere.

Thanks!

I always find the answer about 10 minutes after I post. I guess I should post more often! I had been using the pitch/segment warp rather than the audio warp function, because I don't typically record instruments outside of the pitch range. Learn something new every day...

Mod, feel free to delete this thread.

You said something about the shaker being "slightly off". Surely you mean timing-wise?

If this is the case, Variaudio is not what you are looking for, even though it has a warp facility built into it. It is mainly for fixing pitch and, to a lesser degree, timing problems for single instruments. What you want is Free Warp, which can be found on the "Audiowarp" tab on the left hand side of the audio edit window. Simply click it and use the tool to create warp tabs and manipulate the audio around til you're happy.

Another way is to detect hit points from the "Hitpoints" tab (in the edit window) on the shaker track and then select "Create Warp Tabs from Hitpoints". You can then go back to the "Audiowarp" tab, select "Free Warp" and manipulate them to your hearts content.

Cheers :)

Thanks for the response!

What is the difference between Free Warp and the regular Audio Warp function?

Audio Warp appears to manipulate the tempo track; does that mean it is changing the other tracks to fit the shaker? Sounds like free warp just changes the audio of the track in question, much like Variaudio. Is that correct? If so, Free Warp sounds like what I want, but then I don't understand when one would want to use the regular Audio Warp.

Back