how to use plugin software

666kennedy

hey, im using cubase LE and have several instruments going into it via an alexis mulitmix usb.

anyway to use effects such as a compressor. phasor and perhaps a drum programmer i hve to get software plugins. and i know there are many free ones online, ( i know this after looking at the thread on plugins)

anyway i was wondering how you make the plugins work, obviously install them on my computer with cubase but are they brought in through cubase itself or do they open outside it?

Plugins come as .dll files. You drop them into the VST folder inside the Cubase program folder to install them.

Get a Cubase book. That will show you lots of things you need to know, including basic operations like accessing a plugin.

There is a FREE pdf book "Cubase SX Complete" over at www.auxbuss.com. Download it and READ it.
(Dont worry about the SX in the title, all the Cubase versions work the same.... 80% of the book applies to LE/SE....)

There's a bunch of plugins for compression and reverb and etc. built into cubase too, so for some of the standard stuff you dont need to buy anything. Not a good drum sampler tho....

Back