how to use midi sync with drum machine & NI's BATTERY

stingray

HI guys
mabe you can help me.i'm trying to figure out the best way to midisync my external drum machine patterns into the sonar sequencer ...then come back and add new drum sounds from NI's battery software.Im not sure how to go about doing this?Could i just assign each midi track to a different channel?...for example,bass drum channel 1...stare channel 2...etc.

I noticed that some notes randomly get skipped(silenced) when i play through my midi keyboard or play back midi drum notes in sonar.

I keep getting an error message everytime I midisync my drum machine(internal clock) with sonar(midisync) while recording midi notes & audio notes at the same time.It works fine when i just rec midi or audio one at a time.

1.1ghz p3
sonar 1.0
midisport usb
drum machine
NI battery software

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but one thing you mentioned I can offer advice on. When transfering drum tracks from other devices, one device has to be set to accept midi instructions from the other. You seem to know how to do this with your setup. After you have transfered the track to Sonar, to split the different notes -- bass drum, snare, etc.-- run CAL, and choose "split notes to tracks". This will give you a separate track for each drum sound. You will get to choose which track you want them to start on for reassigning the parts. Then assign them all to channel 10, which is the usual channel for drums. I think CAL is the last choice on one of the drop-down menus at the top of the screen; either Edit, or Process as I recall.

As far as recording audio and midi at the same time goes, I've never tried that. It seems like an unlikely way to do things, but then, there are plenty of operational procedures in Sonar that I don't know.

how to sync battery 3 with maschine

HI guys
mabe you can help me.i'm trying to figure out the best way to midisync my external drum machine patterns into the sonar sequencer ...then come back and add new drum sounds from NI's battery software.Im not sure how to go about doing this?Could i just assign each midi track to a different channel?...for example,bass drum channel 1...stare channel 2...etc.

I noticed that some notes randomly get skipped(silenced) when i play through my midi keyboard or play back midi drum notes in sonar.

I keep getting an error message everytime I midisync my drum machine(internal clock) with sonar(midisync) while recording midi notes & audio notes at the same time.It works fine when i just rec midi or audio one at a time.

1.1ghz p3
sonar 1.0
midisport usb
drum machine
NI battery software

this is how you do it, i hope that helped

Back