how to setup chain w/ 4 bus mixer

teddyastuffed

hello everyone! i previously posted under the recording techniques thread about volume problems, but now i seem to have a bigger problem.

i just recently got a behringer ub2442fxpro (im a poor student and needed a better mixer than my ub1204) and i have an audiophile 2496 and a delta 1010LT. im just wondering what the best way to setup the chain would be for a 4 bus mixer.

as of now i have it setup so that subouts 1 & 2 r going into the audiophile 2496 (for stereo recording) then the 8 direct outs r going into the 8 analog in's to my 1010LT.

next the outs of the 2496 r going into channels 15/16.

as for switches, i have all the channels except for the 15/16 one going to subs 1-2 and then the 15/16 one going to the main.

as for monitoring, i only have a pair of sony headphones, so i just plug that into the headphone jack.

some other switches that i have... for the source going to the ctrl room/headphones i only have hte main mix pushed in, then the ctrl room/headphones volume is about 1/4 the way up.
i also have the left and right buttons pushed on subgroups 1 and 2 (1/5 has the left pushed in, 2/6 has the right pushed in)

is this correct? thats about as detailed as i can get. i hope im not forgetting anything. the reason im asking if this is correct is because when i try to track with in theory only the main mix being heard, i still hear the subgroups. so i figure im doing something incorrect. thanks for any input!

Back