how to set Great River mp1nv ?

Grim Ltd.

I recently purchased Great River mp1nv - and I'm already satisfied by results for DI (bass) and micing guitar cabinet.

Still - I remember many people mentioning the 'trick' to slam input part really hard and back output stage off.
Hence - I've got question - how do you actually do this ???

If I set gain high and diodes on INPUT go above green (to orange) I already start hearing distortion ?
So should I go as high with green diodes as I can ? or maybe force it to orange ? or plug compressor ?

how do you set optimal levels ???

thats the point your supposed to distort the input stage to get harmonics that supposedly make the sound, sound thicker/phatter warmer etc...(i've never used the mpnv myself thats y i say supposedly, but thats how it works on my MP2r) then you lower the out put stage so you won't clip when going to tape...have fun!

Turn the output level knob down to something like 8 or 9 o' clock. Keep turning the gain knob until you like the sound. Then alter the output knob to taste--as far as setting the final level. Bottom line the audible distortion comes from the loading of the gain (knob) on the preamp. The output is for ultimate control of the final volume level.

The loading and impedence buttons will also have an effect on the sound.

Back