How to rout this

st33l

Hello!

Im turning to you on this forum cus i know i will get help here;)
Im just going to buy me an mackie onyx 1620 firewire board. I have a good pc and a fireface 800 wich i want to use with this mixerboard. But im confused how i will rout this things together. When i will include my mixer will this be first in the chain and go with firewire in to pc and then how to include the fireface?...from the mixer or from the pc?

And also i wounder, will i still use the fireface asio drivers in cubase or will something new come up when i install drivers for mackie onyx mixer, wich i should use?

//Micke

Hello!

Im turning to you on this forum cus i know i will get help here;)
Im just going to buy me an mackie onyx 1620 firewire board. I have a good pc and a fireface 800 wich i want to use with this mixerboard. But im confused how i will rout this things together. When i will include my mixer will this be first in the chain and go with firewire in to pc and then how to include the fireface?...from the mixer or from the pc?

And also i wounder, will i still use the fireface asio drivers in cubase or will something new come up when i install drivers for mackie onyx mixer, wich i should use?

//Micke
Why would you use both? The Onyx will act like an interface, which eliminates the need for the Fireface. But the Fireface has a really good reputation and you already own it, so why bother with the Onyx? Instead you'd probably be better utilizing the Firefaces ADATs.

There are several preamps with ADAT output out there, including the PreSonus DigiMax and even the Behringer ADA8000.

Why would you use both? The Onyx will act like an interface, which eliminates the need for the Fireface. But the Fireface has a really good reputation and you already own it, so why bother with the Onyx? Instead you'd probably be better utilizing the Firefaces ADATs.

There are several preamps with ADAT output out there, including the PreSonus DigiMax and even the Behringer ADA8000.

aha so its no so useful as i thought with this onyx then. What i wanted was that i could use the mixer connected to cubase. Control it from a fysically unit instead of sitting and point with the mouse. But i want to use my fireface ofcourse so i guess my idea was not so smart :)

But thanks a lot cus u save me money and i dont have a lot of it :)
I have a focusrite platinum penta from wich i will use for vocals and bastracks
so i dont think i need more of a preamp

aha so its no so useful as i thought with this onyx then. What i wanted was that i could use the mixer connected to cubase. Control it from a fysically unit instead of sitting and point with the mouse. But i want to use my fireface ofcourse so i guess my idea was not so smart :)
You need a control surface for that. There are a few available including the Behringer BCF2000. Btw, this is the wrong forum for these questions

You need a control surface for that. There are a few available including the Behringer BCF2000. Btw, this is the wrong forum for these questions

YEEES this must be what im looking for...do you have some good ideas more than the beringer

Im sorry i thought this was the right place...where should i post it?

//Micke

YEEES this must be what im looking for...do you have some good ideas more than the beringer

Im sorry i thought this was the right place...where should i post it?

//Micke
Mackie Control Universal and there are a bunch of digital mixers out there which can double as a control surface and allow more inputs via ADAT.

Don't worry about it, the mods should move it.

Mackie Control Universal and there are a bunch of digital mixers out there which can double as a control surface and allow more inputs via ADAT.

Don't worry about it, the mods should move it.

ONCE AGAIN.....MANY THANKS im already searching for control surface on the net :)

Back