How to record VST instruments?

ghaa_bhaa

Somebody, please help with this:

I would like to record vst-synths with Cubase (using LE4). I use also mouse-keyboard & I have external soundcard (Aureon 5.1) + Windows XP.

It's possible to record track when I am only playing with keys, but if start to touch buttons in vst-instrument, track stops recording. So it's quite frustrating, because most of the interesting sounds are coming when playing with the instrument, and not when touching the keys. So - is there anyway how I can record like I need?

At the moment I am using Total Recorder for recording the streaming sound of vst-instrument, and then importing track to Cubase, but this is complicated to way, because can't listen other layers of my song at the same time - and also, Total Recorder is making some extra noise every one minute (which I need to cut from wave after).

Thank you!

Not sure if it's impossible. You need to read up on the VST and see what MIDI control codes it'll take and use those. Otherwise there isn't really a way to record them unless you do it as a live performance type thing and record the audio.

Back