How to record the output of another program with Audition? (Delta44)

visa

hey everyone,

I have a Delta44 with the Omni I/O breakout box and an onboard soundcard.

what i want to do is record the output of Jeskola Buzz which i use as a VSTi host in real time in Audition.

i found a pretty inconvenient way to do this by using a patch cable between my onboard soundcard and the input of my delta. this, however, is not the best sounding way and i get quite some noise and i'd rather completely bypass the onboard card.

is there a way to do this?

That should be easily done.

In Audition Options, Device order, Select the Delta 44 Monitor Mixer as a recording device (check it for EV as you're probably recording in the stereo edit view).

Whatever Audition records will then depend on the settings in the Delta Control panel monitor mixer. Remember to turn up and unmute the faders for whatever output your media player is using AND the Master faders.

This assumes your media player is using the Delta 44 for playback. If not so already, you'll probably have to set a Delta44 output as playback in the Windows Sounds control panel properties as many players don't allow you to pick the device from their own menu's, but always use the one Windows has selected.

btw, does anyone here know if there is a good vsti host software that doesn't crash every 10 seconds?

something very simple that does nothing but host vsti. i like it simple.

I'm using Console because you can also put DX plugs in it...
http://www.console.jp/eng/index.html
... and it's also a Standalone or VST or Dx plug itself

There are others, some like Plogue Bidule (!).
Did you get RT Player express bundled with your M-audio card? It's quite a bit limited though.

Crashes are often caused by the plugins. Free ones especially (but it isn't so often as to put you off trying them). Thing is to add them one at a time to your VST folder until you're sure they're stable. If in doubt, rip it out!

They don't actually have to be in use to crash the host as they often get scanned for various reasons when the host program starts.

Back