How to record Roland VS-88 without any loss?

Sasha_music

I’ve got a guitar processor Roland VS-88 and I just adore the way it sounds. But there’s a problem harassing me all the time…
When I record my guitar playing that amazing sounds … sucks.
I mean about 10% of its stereo width is lost.
I used Delta Midiman and Waveterminal sound cards. They both work pretty good (see I get a proper sound through any of them before recording).
I also tried various Software like Qubase, Sonar Studio, Cool Edit Pro, Samplitude… the same problem.
So where is this drawback from?
I use PC; my Hard Disk is IDE (ATA) but not SCSI (may be that’s a reason?)
Maybe using a professional Work Station could be a solution?

Friends, I need your advice very much. Don’t let me be desperate, please.
Thanks in advance!

Sasha

(and please, forgive me for my English if smth is wrong :rolleyes: )

im sorry i cant help you with that.......the only things i could tell you is call your local musical dealer and ask them about the problem...if they have experienced the problem.....and the other option is going to the manufacturers site...look up that certain piece of ecrapment....lol....equipment and find out the known technical issues...or go to ask.com and type in something like"known issues with the ......" or just type in the name and see what pops up.....i hope i have been helpful :confused:

Sasha,

The VG-88 guitar synth is a guitar pre-amp that sounds best when its output is connected to a P.A. The P.A. board outputs to a power amp and then to (usually) large speakers. This setup sounds better (IMHO) than running its outputs to a guitar amplifier.

The VG-88 has guitar output jacks on the back of the unit which should be connected to your soundcard. [left,(mono), & right]. Make sure to switch the output control to Line Out. Also, make sure the output control level is set at maximum, and you record as hot as you can.

Finally, the sound you hear from your computer is related to its output. If you are listening to the built-in speakers, the sound will be much less than listening to seperate powered monitors.

Good luck.

Back