How To Record Digitally On A MiniDisc Recorder???

MrMusicAu

Ok,

I have read a lot on how to record on minidisc recorders and gotten lots of tips and tricks on the best recording.

At the back of my minidisc recorder/player there's an input for Optical/Digital. I have heard a lot on the difference between normal analog recording and digital recording.

I have recorded a lot with analog recording but my manual doesn't say anything about how one would go about digitally recording sound files on the minidisc nor does it even mention digital recording fullstop.

Can anyone explain to me what is digital recording with the minidisc or perhaps a website to go to so I can learn a little about it so I can do better sounding recording?

Apparently, digital recorded material is a much better quality!

Thanks for your time.

Andrew.

Actually, you are already recording "digitally" via the MD -- it's a data-compressed format, but it's still a digital recording.

The digital I/O connection is generally for transfers to and from your MD to other digital devices such as your computer, or other digital recorders/players.

Your MD recorder accepts a fiber optic digital input. There used to be a article on minidisc.org telling you how to make your own analog to digital cable using a red LED and an ink pen.
Otherwise you need to buy the cable. And you need something with a fiber optic output.

Back