how to print analog effects in pro tools using apogee duet 2?

conquistadors

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm having a frustrating problem. I'm trying to print some echoplex tape echo onto tracks in some pro tools sessions and i'm having a problem getting it to work. i've done this previously with a space echo. in the past, what i've done is plugged a guitar cable into the monitor output of the duet and into the input of the echo, then run a guitar cable from the output of the echo to an instrument input on the duet. I left the all the tracks in the session set to output 1 & 2 and just solo'd the track(s) I wanted to put echo and recorded a new track with the echo on it that way. i don't know if that was technically the right way to go about it, but it worked for me. but that's not working for me today and i'm not sure why. any advice would be much appreciated. thank you.

Welcome to the site
Getting signal to the echo? How about at the new trarck when you record-arm it?
Let's get it sorted out

Seems I need the fx track in input echo mode in Sonar (-maybe that's just to hear it for setup. Haven't done it recently..

hey thanks! ok. so, no - i'm not getting signal to the echo. but when i unplug the input from the echo or touch the cable going into the echoplex i do get a level on the echo and the noise itself gets echo'd and is recorded to the new track in pro tools. for some reason the monitor output is not working like a line out to the echoplex. i wonder how i can actually send the audio to the echoplex?

ok, so i figured out how to work around it, sorta. used the headphones output with an adapter to a iphone connector cable going rca into a minimixer then to the echoplex and to the new track. problem is i can't figure out how to monitor it without creating a feedback loop.

Back