How to pick a fake?

Not necessarily a fake, the guy has horrible feedback, and the shipping costs are way too high. Probably people are just avoiding the auction.

Edit: Oh sorry, I just noticed that was a BIN, I thought it was an opening bid :o never mind, avoid that guy like the plague :o

...my girlfriend has a jewelry business and she buys products from a few different companies in China (beautiful stuff actually) and I noticed similar items on some of their websites...weird because some of the Sennheiser items are priced real cheap, while others are not...check it out:

http://www.peacepub.com/headphones-microphone-c-47.html

...just curious...does anyone have a recently manufactured Sennheiser dynamic mic?...are all of the current models still made in Germany?...jeez, they own Neumann don't they?... ;)

larry_emder said:
Was checking out ebay for a sennheiser e845 or e835. I have read that these are a good mic for live vocals.

Found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SENNHEISER-e845...QQihZ015QQcategoryZ133005QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Surely this is a fake, right? Seems too cheap.

Just thought i'd make sure with you dudes.

Is there any other way (than the ridiculously cheap prices)of telling a real from a fake mic?

Thanks, marty.

WHo would fake a $10 mic?

You would fake a $10,000 Fender Strat. There is no $$ in faking a $10 item. Why the price is so low MIGHT be because you will never even SEE a mic. $10 gone. That would be the top reason why it is so cheap.

Check out the questions and answers at the bottom of the page. Verrrrrrry suspicious! Definitely a scam of some sort.

I have an E845s I was going to sell on ebay but after I saw all the fakes I figured I wouldn't get a dime for it. Last time I looked there were about 25 listings that all were from China and had a buy it now price of $3. Man that ticked me off. Anyway if your interested I'll sell mine.I bought it from Musicians Friend so it better be the real thing.

The picture sure looks real, but I bet the tracking numbers etc... aren't. So far it looks like whatever question you ask this seller gets the answer "The item has sent out, pleasing wait for."

Looks like a clever scam....you buy my product for 10 bucks, I charge you 11 for shipping, send you nothing, meet my customer satisfaction obligation by refunding your 10 bucks and keep 11 (or 38 whichever the case) for something I never shipped in the first place. I doubt you will ever see any of your money if you fall for this one.

2 Cheap.

larry_emder said:
Was checking out ebay for a sennheiser e845 or e835. I have read that these are a good mic for live vocals.

Found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SENNHEISER-e845...QQihZ015QQcategoryZ133005QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Surely this is a fake, right? Seems too cheap.

Just thought i'd make sure with you dudes.

Is there any other way (than the ridiculously cheap prices)of telling a real from a fake mic?

Thanks, marty.

Maybe a fake here is a real E845 I own 2 and there not that rare eather.
Nice mics and i find there good for acustic guitar as well.

Its sitting on a MIDAS Venice 32 ch board. Nice board as well just checking it out at home :D

Senn%20e845.JPG

Back